Thread: Display unread posts

Display unread posts

While the theme for this forum does not have a link to display unread posts - those topics with new posts that you have yet to read - this is a basic feature in phpBB. I use this for several forums I follow, and some might want to use this link here as well. Click this to see the topics where you have not read posts, or marked them as read:

search.php?search_id=unreadposts

Hope some find this useful.

Re: Display unread posts

Edit: Disregard this post. I misunderstood the question.

No, new includes posts you may have read.

But it turns out that the unread posts thing doesn't work here; odd, it works on every other phpBB forum I use.

Oh well, nothing to see, move along.

Hi Kirk,

If I understand you, YES, we have that. Go to our top "Board Index" page ...

index.php

and click the button at the top left that says "VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS". The ones with a little mark next to them are unread by you.

Gassho, J

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Hi Kirk,

If I understand you, YES, we have that. Go to our top "Board Index" page ...

index.php

and click the button at the top left that says "VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS". The ones with a little mark next to them are unread by you.

Gassho, J
    Right, but other phpBB forums have a "View unread posts" thing which only shows new posts that you haven't viewed. The View active posts shows some posts you have viewed, along with other recent posts.

No big deal, but I find it easier on other forums to use that to find what's new.