Thread: Dogen's movie

Re: Dogen's movie

If you check the movie club thread you'll notice we reviewed it back earlier this year. Great movie, have the dvd

RE: Dogen's movie

Yes indeed it was a recent entry in our film club! Check out the forum discussion

viewforum.php?f=37

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

RE: Dogen's movie

Lol I'm 74 seconds to slow, Shokai!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai
    If you check the movie club thread you'll notice we reviewed it back earlier this year. Great movie, have the dvd
    Yes, and please feel free to drop in a comment once you have seen it
    All of our films are ever open for sharing thoughts and opinions!

Gassho,
    John(Treeleaf usher)

And a quick review ...

viewtopic.php?p=19122#p19122

Last night, my lover asked about a DVD, and we ended up watching "Zen".
    This morning she said that she dreamed of Dogen last night, and asked if she could perhaps sit with me for morning zazen. After some basic instruction, she refused my zafu & zabuton, but opted for an old seiza bench on a folded blanket, and we faced the wall and sat quite pleasantly in zazen for 20 minutes together. She now wants to sit together on an ongoing basis. If she "sticks", I'll stitch her up a zabuton of her own.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but i am surprised how popular enough this movie is in Youtube. I found the movie subtitled in three languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Piobair
    This morning she said that she dreamed of Dogen last night, and asked if she could perhaps sit with me for morning zazen. After some basic instruction, she refused my zafu & zabuton, but opted for an old seiza bench on a folded blanket, and we faced the wall and sat quite pleasantly in zazen for 20 minutes together. She now wants to sit together on an ongoing basis. If she "sticks", I'll stitch her up a zabuton of her own.
    Awesome!

Gassho,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by tetsugakucha
    Did anyone saw that movie about Dogen's life ?

Here's the link to the trailer on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/fnWXt-3I1U4[/video]]
    Hi!

Yes, I loved the movie and we watched on the film club here at Treeleaf. As a matter of fact it's on my list of movies to watch over the holidays.

Even if it's not accurate on history facts, the film is simply beautiful and inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Piobair
    That's fantastic!

I had a similar experience with my girlfriend. We watched Zen together and the next day she sat with me. She's not very much into Buddhism, but she sits from time to time.

Hope your dear one keeps on sitting!