Thread: December Treeleaf retreat

December Treeleaf retreat

Hi all,

I would like to thank Rimon, Hans, Shawn,Fugen and his friend and Soen for their positive answer. I would like these people to really commit to this retreat and come whatever. We should be at least seven because Shohei cannot make it. Peter Lin, are you still with us? Let us know asap, please.
    jinyu being with us, we should be eight or nine. All we need now is Jinyu to deliver and do what he said he was going to do.
    I am willing to have some clear indication of where we can meet, how we can get people to the place and stuff about the retreat itself ( any other participants? ).

If we cannot make it to Bruxels we will sit in Germany. But. I would rather not, I would like to ease the journey for everybody, especially for the guys coming from a long way ( America or Japan).

So be it. Jinyu : WAKE UP !!!
    Gassho

Taigu

Re: December Treeleaf retreat

Taigu, thank you for your post.
    Yes. Some clear and final information is needed now, with the retreat only a few weeks away. I hope it will be in the original location. Many of us have spent hundreds of euros / dollars to be there and been planning a long time for this event in Belgium. We have bought flights into and out of Brussels ... non-refundable flights. We have booked hotels and planned our families’ Christmas break around this retreat. That there is a doubt over its location at this late stage is incredible. Shawn will receive Jukai and I Tokudo. Both of us have been getting ready for this for a long time. If it has to be Germany, so be it. But Plan A would be better ... as most of us have plane tickets bought for specific dates to and from Brussels. I am confident, Jinyu, that it will all come together; but it needs to come together now.
    I look forward to seeing you all in Belgium in eight or nine week’s time.
    Deep bows.
    Soen

Hello Soen,

I cannot speak for Taigu but the way I see it Germany would only be the last last last straw. It's all going to be okay I worked in the TV industry....and trust me, you can organise A LOT in just a few days in case there should be any problems.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Well Europe is about the size of Texas...so I'm sure I can just ride my horse to wherever it ends up being. :twisted:

Gassho,

s

PS - Just as a side note...train from Brussels to Cologne is only $28 and takes just under 2 hours...so while I'd prefer to stay in Brussels, I'm just happy to get to sit with you all.

Taigu-oso;

Peter Lin asked me to let you know he will be attending the retreat but is currently locked out of Treeleaf due to a password issue that Jundo is attempting to correct.
    gassho,

Thank you Shokai,

Thank you all.

gassho

Taigu

Thank you Taigu. And thanks, too, Hans. I’m sure this will all work out.
    Gassho
    Soen

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm sorry everyone for the lack of communication and understand fears, above all with tickets booked and everything, but it is going to make it!

The place is rent for us, and I don't think there is need to find another place. I understand that you folks can be afraid about this retreat because of my lack of communication, things are what they are, I'm a fucked up guy with a little life being crazy (like yours probably) and because of work and some difficult issues, the only days I'm sure to have an Internet access are wednesday and friday, at least for the next two weeks, so you all know... Without details, I'm obliged to work almost every day for now on to pay my bills and helps my parents with their own problems... But note that tomorrow I'll be able to answer at mails and message all day.

Purely about the retreat, as I said, there is a direct train from ALL main stations in Brussels going to Kortenberg Station every hour. And from the Kortenberg station, there will be panels guiding for the 5 to 10 minutes walk to the abbey.

The best thing to meet is probably to meet around 4PM at the Central station, there is a direct train to Kortenberg around 4.20PM and 4.55PM that arrive at Kortenberg 28 minutes later.

Anyway, this is just a proposition of course! I'll make other proposition and post them here tomorrow.
    For every other details, and some being HUGE details... I'll contact Taigu tomorrow with a detailed mail of what we have done and what is still to do! I'll share it on this page too!

Have a nice day everyone!
    gassho,
    Jinyu

Hiyas
    My sincere apologies to Taigu and to my fellow priests in training and of course Soen too.
    I need to straighten out my finances here, they are more a symptom of other issues and so, I am looking closer at the root of the issue and dealing with my loved ones. My apologies for my selfishness!
    In order to move forward (move where??) I need to take a look back and work with what is right here and now!

Gassho
    Shohei

Quote Originally Posted by Shohei
    Hiyas
    My sincere apologies to Taigu and to my fellow priests in training and of course Soen too.
    I need to straighten out my finances here, they are more a symptom of other issues and so, I am looking closer at the root of the issue and dealing with my loved ones. My apologies for my selfishness!
    In order to move forward (move where??) I need to take a look back and work with what is right here and now!

Gassho
    Shohei
    Hey Shohei,

If I may say something here, our Sangha is about practicing with what life hands us, where we are. Sometimes (especially these days) that includes financial emergencies and needing to keep food on the table. That is our true practice place.

I do not think you are being selfish, just taking care of those who depend on you. I am sure Taigu and all others involved in the retreat will agree.

Gassho, J

Just as an FYI...I started to document things I needed for the trip and it sort of evolved today into something maybe useful for others:

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id ... _5cjtcptd3

If any of your research on the area would prove useful to others please feel free to share and I can add it.

I was also thinking it may be useful for us to share some basic contact information but leave that up to the group. I have a spreadsheet that I'm keeping that info in separately. If others attending the retreat would like to share as well please just let me know and I'll give you access to it. Right now it only contains the info of Jinyu, Taigu, the Abbey and myself. I will add probably the train, taxis and hotel as I make further arrangements.

Gassho,

Shawn

Hi Shohei,
    I wish you the best and am just sorry we won't get to sit together in Belgium. Jundo is 100 per cent right. You are not being selfish. I hope it all works out for you and your family. Money worries can be very difficult, I know.

Shawn: great work on the contact numbers etc. I'll PM you my mobile number. I'd appreciate access to the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Gassho,
    Soen

Take great care Shohei and be sure we all underrstand.
    Since we lost for this time being our technical fairy or wizzard, would anyone taking part be keen or ready to record parts of the retreat ? ( tokudo, teachings of priests etc.)

Let us know

Gassho

Taigu

I would love to! Or if others are interested we could share responsibility. Although I am not sure what Shohei had in mind, I've been in IT since 1995 so know my way around the keyboard.

G

S

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I can offer to take (hopefully) rather nice photographs....in addition to that I could record the audio of the dharma talks on my pocket recorder ( I have a decent microphone).

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you Hans and Shawn,

I was thinking about just simple vids in Treeleaf style from a fixed laptop that we could eventually put on line. i will bring my Ipad to the retreat but I think a laptop would be better. Shawn, would you have one?

gassho

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Shawn, would you have one?
    Sure do! I can also bring an external microphone so that we have some flexibility with the placement of the video & sound.

G,

s

Shawn,

gassho

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    f I may say something here, our Sangha is about practicing with what life hands us, where we are. Sometimes (especially these days) that includes financial emergencies and needing to keep food on the table. That is our true practice place.
    :!: That's more than true... everyone is with you on this Shohei!
    And Thank you Shawn ( and everyone) for your help!

gassho,
    Jinyu