Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: NO MIND

Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage Priest Taigu's Avatar

SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: NO MIND

[youtube] [/youtube]

Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: NO MIND

Thank you, Taigu.

Taigu,

Thanks for this talk.

What to do when the fantasy our mind is spinning is a nightmare?

As in the case of anxiety attacks, I know it is unreal. But I can't translate rational thought to how my body is responding to the attack (racing pulse, shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.).

How do we inhabit our body when it feels like our body is turning against us?

gassho
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ghop
    Like many things eaiser said than done. But just be open and aware to the whole process. The feeling of fear, the feeling of body turning against us. Just see, and fully allow things to just be as they are.

Yesterday someone dear to me felt a very strong chest pain and shortness of breath. She thought she were having a heart attack, being that she always had heart problems so this was very scary for her. But what amazed me was that she was able to stay calm and focus on her breathing, letting the breath heal herself without getting into a panic. Doing this for a few minutes, the pain went away on its own accord.

As Taigu stated; no-mind isn't dullness, it isn't not thinking.

its being free from our own cage of thoughts and concepts that keep us behind bars. Leaving the prison, and being with the world as is, is no-mind.

Just thoughts...

I truly hope you are doing alright. I send you good wishes and Metta

Thank you, Taigu, for lessening the difficulty of this concept for me.

Greg, I hope you get on top of your anxiety hump. I was there the past two months and I am only just starting to be rid of it. I will say a metta verse for you.

Gassho,

Amelia

Gassho.

Shawn

PS - Also published to podcast.

Hope you had a great Zazenkai! _/_

Thank you so much Taigu.

Taking care of my little son (he'll be 2 years old in december) is my best holiday retreat now. Before, I tended to get something done in the meanwhile: while he was playing with his construction blocks I was trying to read, or to mediate (!) and none of us ended very happy. Now I just connect with him and let no mind take care of the situation, and we both have great fun

Gassho

Rimon

Thank you!

Gassho
    Shohei

Quote Originally Posted by Rimon
    Taking care of my little son (he'll be 2 years old in december) is my best holiday retreat now. Before, I tended to get something done in the meanwhile: while he was playing with his construction blocks I was trying to read, or to mediate (!) and none of us ended very happy. Now I just connect with him and let no mind take care of the situation, and we both have great fun
    Rimon,
    Beautiful....I remember those days. So easy to let your mind spin out on what's not getting done...what deadlines must be met ... etc...etc. But to just be there and simply attend to the situation.

Gassho,
    Jisen/BrianW

As in the case of anxiety attacks, I know it is unreal. But I can't translate rational thought to how my body is responding to the attack (racing pulse, shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.).

Like Seiryu has said, breath is very helpful. being with the anxiety, watching and not fighting. If you try and fight it you will have anxiety and a fight. Breath can be steadying. if you have shallow fast breathing, see if you can can try deeper full breaths. don't force them but see if you can. If not just be with it a while. it will go and you would have had a little, unpleasant, lesson. You can try to understand or translate (or sit) with the reasons once it has calmed down.

thanks Taigu and everone else,

Undo

Thank you, Taigu-Sensei.

Thank you, Taigu.

Blog Entries

Isn't this what Uchiyama-oso called Opening the hand of thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Rimon
    Thank you so much Taigu.

Gassho

Rimon
    Zen embracing life, life embracing zen. Thanks Rimon your expression made my day. Gassho Shogen

Quote Originally Posted by ghop
    Taigu,

Thanks for this talk.

gassho
    Greg

Thanks very much for such a wonderful talk taigu!

Greg,

I used to suffer from extreme anxiety, depression and high blood pressure due to these conditions.

I was taking 3 different types of medication. I no longer suffer from these conditions and do not need the meds anymore. The way I overcame was through regular za zen meditation, reading and related talks. However the za zen I started with was the focus on the breath. Once the conditions dissapreaed I moved on to the just sitting practice. I had initially started sitting to relieve myself of these conditions. Now I sit because it feels as basic a necessity as eating or drinking or breathing.

Gassho,

Ray

heh, I hear that, chilling out, my favorite activity.

Taigu,

Thank you for this teaching.

Gassho,
    Dosho