I'd just like to say that there's been a lot of malicious content lately about the teachers we have here and a lot of back and forth about it. I simply wanted to remind everyone, and echo what Chet said in another thread, that nobody's perfect, and if they were, we'd never be able to relate to them. Every body has an off day, every one stumbles, and if the stumble was unintentional (as most are) everyone should be forgiven. This whole subject reminded me of a movie I watched, Fallen, with Denzel Washington (by the way, this move is great and terribly underrated for what it was, the story line alone is simply masterful) where another cop asked him if he took any "cream" or money on the side, and when he replied "No" the other cop asked him what he thought about other cops who felt like they needed to take money and his reply was:

John Hobbes: You take any cop on the force, cream or no, ninety-nine percent of the time they're doing their job, aren't they?
Jonesy: Ninety-nine five.
John Hobbes: Point five. So he or she, cream or no, is doing more good out there every day than any lawyer or stockbroker or president of the United States can ever do in their lifetime. Cops are the chosen people
That's the part I wanted to share. Even if our teachers (perfect mintings of Dogen and Bodhidharma though they may be :lol: ) may fall from time to time, they still do far and away more good for the dharma, our members, and our lineage then make mistakes. There has always been a long and illustrius tradition of lambasting those in positions of authority especially where teaching and religion are concerned, and, well I don't know, I guess I just wanted to say that it's not cool, but since it's going to happen then I'll just say "Sorry you have to listen to the nay sayers, Jundo."