Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POSSIBLE MEMBERSHIP REMOVAL DISCUSSION: PRAXIS

Re: POSSIBLE MEMBERSHIP REMOVAL DISCUSSION: PRAXIS

Taigu
    Your teachings are way too valuable to be compromised by a pesky old fly. No matter how many flies we swat another will always take its place. So swat and move on.
    Thank you for allowing me to see this situation through your eyes.
    Issues like these will always come and go but time lost with your family can never be replaced. Please find more time for them.
    As always, and I'm sure the rest of Treeleaf will agree, we deeply appreciate the time, effort, and patience both You and Jundo offer us all.
    Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by Shogen
    Taigu ...
    As always, and I'm sure the rest of Treeleaf will agree, we deeply appreciate the time, effort, and patience both You and Jundo offer us all.
    _()_
    Peter

Each time I find myself opening a recorded zazenkai (which is mostly these days) or a talk and Jundo or Taigu appear, I find myself smiling with happiness. I can't help it it just happens... People who can do this are real treasures! Thank you Jundo and Taigu your all your teaching and inspiration.

I might only understand interdependent existence-arising intellectually, but it would seem that if I was to act on this person causing a problem, and I viewed "them" as if it was my own arm, and my arm had trouble healing, I'd only amputate it as a last resort before it would risk killing me. Maybe praxis needs more time to find their "grove" here? and if something really needs to be done, would completely banning him be the only option? Perhaps a short term ban? Perhaps something else?

I do agree that something should be done though, internet forums are very difficult to run regardless of the topic, people try to derail things on purpose just because they can (trolls), I suspect buddhist forums go downhill fast because mods have a problem negotiating preventing harm and dealing with a disruptive user because they are worried they might appear, "judgmental" so instead turn into ineffective doormats.

I read over some of the posts he made, what if he simply doesn't realize he's causing harm? can't "open up", it took me forever before I came to this place to simply figure out that speaking from a hostile mindset isn't a good idea. If this isn't the case here but might be in the future, I really hope some time is paid to the fact that lots and lots...and lots of people might and do have a hard time gaining insight into something like that.

Jundo, you said you went out of your way to defend treeleaf. The internet is a place where people feel safe and feel more inclined to act on whims, right now there is something called "trolling". Trolls are the distillation of conflict, they don't even care about being right or wrong, just inciting conflict and intense negative responses for their own amusement. It's a complete waste of time in my and most others opinions that know this to not bother engaging them at all since that's just "feeding the trolls". I understand the desire to correct wrong perceptions but from what you said about him possibly being here just to start stuff, nine times out of ten these days it's a troll and not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeps
    Maybe praxis needs more time to find their "grove" here? and if something really needs to be done, would completely banning him be the only option? Perhaps a short term ban? Perhaps something else?
    Sleeps, just in case you missed this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo said on 13 October
    I just had a nice chat with Praxis, and I believe the matter is closed at his request.

However, feel free to continue the discussion if anyone wants, as it is important to general Sangha policy and management.

Gassho, J
    So basically the issue has been resolved. Wasn't sure if you were under the impression considerations were still being made, or just sharing your opinions.

oh alright, tired and running on fumes here. but yeah, I still think it might be helpful regardless. especially the troll thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12