Hello Treeleafers,

just a few lines regarding last Saturday. Since I live pretty close to Bonn, I picked up my priest gear including Zafu and Zabuton and made my way towards the San Bo Dojo in Bonn. Actually the event took place at a different location than the usual San Bo Dojo, since appx. 50 (!) people had registered for the one day Zazenkai and the regular dojo would have been too small.

It was nice to meet other Zen practitioners from different lineages, a lot of AZI people (since the San Bo Dojo is an AZI Dojo), some people apparently coming from a Christian Zen lineage and at least one Genpo Roshi student. Well, what do lineages matter anyhow. It was a lovely bunch of people, though having said that, different lineages do have different flavours and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I was a bit surprised to see Brad in his robes (even using the Zagu...guess all that time at Tassajara must have rubbed off a bit). We sat between 3-4 hours of Zazen that day and were invited to some personal Dokusan with his Dudeness Mr. Warner, which was a bit unexpected but very popular. Between doing some Samu and eating lovely vegetarian food, Brad mentioned the fact that he is right in the middle of writing a book about God (he even mentioned the Cloud of Unknowing). To cut the long story short we all seemed to have had a great day (I was quite impressed that so many people managed to be pretty silent during zazen....the statistics would have suggested at least three people should have been there constantly coughing and moaning).

I did say Hello from Treeleaf, since I know a lot of you folks also dig his books (like myself). And he said hello back

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen