Thread: Dualities

Dualities

Here are my thoughts on a passage of the Faith Mind Sutra. I posted some of it already on the Book Club. I just felt compelled to write it, almost against my will :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: so here you go:

"The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent everything becomes clear and undisguised. Make the smallest distinction, however and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart. If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinions for or against anything. To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind. When the deep meaning of things is not understood the mind's essential peace is disturbed to no avail." ~From the Faith mind Sutra

Beyond these dualities what lies?
    within these dualities what lies?
    are they the same?
    If beyond dualistic nature is different from within dualistic nature,
    isn't that just another form of duality?
    Another form of our judging mind?
    What dualities exist from the perspective of the water and clouds?
    Are we just those very water and clouds ourselves...?
    Wanting to see things clearly as oppose to seeing things un-clearly
    you fall deeper into the well.
    When we see with our full body and mind, through the eyes of the trees and great oceans,
    what do you see? Is it clear or unclear?
    If it is clear, one is endlessly stuck in the search for something outside of oneself for something that is true.
    If it is unclear, a lot of work is still left to be done.
    How do you respond?
    How does one transcend dualities without creating more dualities. How does one transcend mind without denying nor adding to mind?
    How does one see clearly when clear seeing sees you?

Re: Dualities

Who is asking ?
    _()_
    Peter

(pretty sure thats a quote from somewhere, dont know, but it jumped into my mind when I saw your post)

Re: Dualities

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu
    How does one transcend dualities without creating more dualities. How does one transcend mind without denying nor adding to mind?
    Shikantaza :!: