Thread: Zazen Google+

Zazen Google+

Anyone else using Google+ from Treeleaf other than:

** Edit ** - Removed the names to protect the innocent. Was going to make a list, but then realized that everyone has at least two, sometimes three names! Was too much of a headache so just used the pictures instead.

It has been great for our daily zazen meetups via the Hangout feature

If anyone hasn't signed up and wants to check it out...here is an open invite:

https://plus.google.com/_/notifications ... 9cquYnJG2A

Gassho!

Shawn

PS - The first one is my wife...while not on the Treeleaf forum, you are welcome to add her of course.

Attached files

Re: Zazen Google+

As you know, I use Hangouts everyday at the break of dawn for my zazen... but I don't think I am on the calendar. How does it work?

Just FYI, that link there shows our real names and this isn't the locked forum. In case anybody's touchy about that.

Gassho,

Jen

Yikes! So sorry!

Edited and removed now.

BTW I feel pretty stupid but how do you get a hangout going? I tried doing "Start a Hangout" yesterday, sat for 20 minutes (with the sad robot :cry: ) but when I was done it didn't show up in my stream that I hung out.

Gassho

The n00b

That's actually correct...just nobody joined you. The typical method that I use is to:

- Start the Hangout
    - Set the people I want to hang out with to "Treeleaf" circle (yours of course may be different)
    - Then start the hangout
    - Go back to the Plus.google.com page (on the other screen) and add a comment of "Zazen"
    - In this way, not only are you telling others why you are hanging out, but also it'll keep it on your thread.
    - I also have used Suizen (for when I play shakuhachi) and Sewing.

Gassho,

Shawn

PS - May be quite early, but Choco, Roky & I have been sitting together almost every morning at 5:30 or 6am CDT.

Hi.

I usually keep track of google+ and sit there from time to time, as many others from treeleaf do, in my experience.
    And don't worry about noone joining you, remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Quote Originally Posted by chocobuda
    As you know, I use Hangouts everyday at the break of dawn for my zazen... but I don't think I am on the calendar. How does it work?
    Hey Choco,

Just send me in PM or in G+ your email address and I can add you to the list. After that you can edit the calendar

Treeleaf Sitting Schedule

and then enter in when you will sit.

Gassho,

Shawn

I just signed up on Google+.

Thanks,
    Jodi

Kyotai

I clicked that link, it says I do not have permission to view it..?

Sorry about that...I added you last night but then forgot to click "Save".

However, you should have been able to view it regardless, thought it was public.

Just checked it and it's been made non-public. Maybe Shohei changed it.

Anywho, you should have now access.

Gassho,

Shawn

Kyotai

Works, Thankyou

Shawn