Thread: Book Sharing Club

Book Sharing Club

Hi All,

I have a decent size library of books on, well, everything. I am also a used books junkie, spending hours perusing my local used bookstores. After finding a couple copies of Opening the Hand of Thought in my library I began to wonder if others may have a desire to do some sort of book exchange. Now, for full disclosure, I have some level of attachment to my library. I find some level of peace just looking at all the books I have (and maybe more the case, haven't) read.

So to start, I am going to put together a Google Docs spreadsheet of what I have and will link it back here sometime this week. If you are interested in one of the books, please just let me know and it's yours. All I would ask is that you pass-it-on when you are done with it.

Here's the link and I will continue to update the books I have. I will stay on topic however and keep them to Buddhism and it's related topics.

Treeleaf Library

In my list I have listed both Available & Unavailable books. Unavailable means that:

1. I'm reading or have yet to read it.
    2. I would like to have it back but may lend it to you.
    3. I don't want to share/give the book away, but can dig into it if you need an excerpt or research information.

Any suggestions are welcomed on how to work this...I'm just shooting from the hip here.

Finally, I put my books in a "Shawn" tab (at the bottom). Will do likewise for anyone else who has some to share...so you know who to PM.

Gassho,

Shawn the Librarian

Re: Book Sharing Club

Hello Shawn,

That's a great idea! I'll get my list to you when I get home tonight.

Metta and Gassho,

Saijun

What a wonderful idea, Shawn!

I wish to put some books into the pool. Some of them are novels (sci fi, Star Wars). Would that be okay? Or only dharma books?

Lol Choco... I am just a facilitator of the database. You can put in whatever you want in your tab of the spreadsheet. Only trump cards I believe are Jundo and Taigu. As far as I am concerned, as long as it upholds the precepts it is alright for me.

Gassho

S

Interesting note.

Tonight I was looking through my books trying to decide which to start (ended up with a Kindle eBook Taigu recommended on AT). One of the books was The Zen Master Hakuin by Yampolsky. Being used, it has a plethora of notes, highlights, and commentary by one of the original owners. Of most notable was his/her notes on a sesshin, dating 12/5/71. The back panel is filled with more notes and insights. I almost enjoy reading this persons journey from the year before I was born than I think I would reading the book!

Just a fun fact to share.

Gassho

S

Quote Originally Posted by shards
    Interesting note.

Tonight I was looking through my books trying to decide which to start (ended up with a Kindle eBook Taigu recommended on AT). One of the books was The Zen Master Hakuin by Yampolsky. Being used, it has a plethora of notes, highlights, and commentary by one of the original owners. Of most notable was his/her notes on a sesshin, dating 12/5/71. The back panel is filled with more notes and insights. I almost enjoy reading this persons journey from the year before I was born than I think I would reading the book!

Just a fun fact to share.

Gassho

S
    That is cool!!