Thread: First Anniversary

First Anniversary

Hello friends,

Today is my one year anniversary at Treeleaf. In that time, I have sewn an O-kesa and two rakusu(s?), sat more Zazen than I could easily quantify, had expectations and pre-conceived notions shattered, intensified my practice, relaxed my practice, made many many friends and met many many wonderful teachers. I've experienced some sweeping vistas and also some mud pits. I've read viewpoints that I otherwise would not have read, met people that I would have otherwise not been able to meet, taken Jukai with an online Sangha, sat Rohatsu with a physical Sangha, and am grateful beyond words for each and every member of this Sangha.

From the very depths of my being, thank you all.

Metta and deep deep Gassho,

Saijun

Re: First Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Saijun
    Hello friends,

Today is my one year anniversary at Treeleaf. In that time, I have sewn an O-kesa and two rakusu(s?), sat more Zazen than I could easily quantify, had expectations and pre-conceived notions shattered, intensified my practice, relaxed my practice, made many many friends and met many many wonderful teachers. I've experienced some sweeping vistas and also some mud pits. I've read viewpoints that I otherwise would not have read, met people that I would have otherwise not been able to meet, taken Jukai with an online Sangha, sat Rohatsu with a physical Sangha, and am grateful beyond words for each and every member of this Sangha.

From the very depths of my being, thank you all.

Metta and deep deep Gassho,

Saijun
    Thank you, Saijun. Good to have your here.

No place to get, yet working so diligently! Wonderful!

Gassho, J

Hi Saijun,

Happy Treeleaf Anniversary! Glad you made your way here! Thank you for all that you have shared with us! May we all have many more great years here together

Gassho,
    John

Congrats! One year down, forever to go

Happy Treeleaf Anniversary!

Its amazing how when we look back at our journey just how much we have done...

Thank you for being part of this Sangha

Gassho

Seiryu

Happy Anniversary! It's a pleasure practicing with you. (And everyone else for that matter )

Ron

Thank you for your practice Saijun!!

Here's to many more years...

...deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Saijun,

You have done a lot-- I'm proud!

Amelia

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia
    Saijun,

You have done a lot-- I'm proud!

Amelia
    Hello friends,

I'm sorry if I came across as boasting or proud. I was trying to make the point that this Sangha is a wonderful opportunity for sincere practice, regardless of what those looking on from the more traditional practice places may think. And really, it's all about you. I know that I couldn't have done any of that without the support of the Sangha.

So, thank you for supporting me for a year. I hope that someday I'll be in a position to repay your generosity.

Metta and Gassho,

Saijun

Happy Anniversary!

Saijun wrote:
    I'm sorry if I came across as boasting or proud
    Hi Saijun,

Didn't come across that way to me! I saw it more as a reflection on all you have experienced over the past year, not an ego trip.

Gassho,
    John

Thank you for your practice Saijun. I know myself I can recount several times you have said things that have provided much clarity to my murky mind.

Gassho,

Shawn

Hi Saijun

Happy anniversary! May you find much things to learn and have many more Buddhist adventures you can share with us. Thank you! :mrgreen:

Gassho Saijun,
    Peter

Hello all,

Saijun -
    So, thank you for supporting me for a year. I hope that someday I'll be in a position to repay your generosity.
    It has been wonderful having you at Treeleaf for the last year, and you repay us by doing only what you are already doing. Thank you for your practice and support of us. :wink:

Happy Anniversary to all Treeleafers!

bows,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Happy anniversary Saijun, its been a pleasure all the way. I didn't realise we joined so close