Thread: 6/3 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Tsung-Chüeh

6/3 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Tsung-Chüeh

I will non-see you on the Darkside of the Moon!

This weeks discussion brought to you by the prefix non!

Successor is freed up from the grips self limitation by the Masters inclusion of a simple modification that is very vast and intricate.

Hixon from 226
    Cook from 241

Gassho & Mtfbwy
    Shohei & Fugen

Re: 6/3 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Tsung-Chüeh

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark." Pink Floyd
    So when we say in Zen, "Come to the dark side" it's a good thing, not a Darth Vader thing 8) The dark side of the moon makes the moon the moon; there is no moon without the dark side of the moon. And we are the moon, made up of dark and light sides, as in also being a buddha and a beyond-buddha. And that experience of being both is waiting for us in zazen. And when we experience that boundlessness (or as I often think of it, boundarylessness) of reality "just this" includes "just not-this," too. Nice! They (and we) are not two yet way more than just one.

Maybe the non-response to this thread is the non-understanding required?

Isn't non-responding a way of responding? Isin't it the ultimate responding?
    In my case not at all. When I think of non-responding, it is also a conceptual stare at things. I have to think, reflect and then think: "mmmm this is a clear "non-responding" action in zen". So non-responding becomes a response, and a bad one.

This one is not that good either...

Gassho

Rimon

MU

This reading serves as a reminder why we must not cling to conceptualizations of the world. What is unknowable is as important as what is knowable.

Gassho,
    BrianW/Jisen