Thread: June 3rd-4th 4 hour Zazenkai

June 3rd-4th 4 hour Zazenkai

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning))

PLEASE NOTE: Due to technical difficulties this months 4 hour Zazenkai will be a coming to us "live", from back in March

But FEAR NOT You may Fully participate'REAL TIME' and 'ON DEMAND' no different from the 'live' sitting . Just play the embedded videos below:

THE 'REAL TIME, ANY TIME' recorded version is divided into 2 parts as follows (click on the blue links) :

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN
    ZAZENKAI PART I LINK:

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    TALK & ZAZEN LINK:

02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING
    ZAZENKAI PART 2 LINK:

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chant Book (PDF) at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho
    Shohei

Re: June 3rd-4th 4 hour Zazenkai

Hi.

Good going with the zazenkai Shohei!

I'll go sit in the corner now...

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Hello friends,

I'll be sitting-not-sitting with you all tonight from 7pm-midnight Central time if any are inclined to join me (still no Sitting hall for the Mac, though :-/)

Thank you all for your practice!

Metta,

Saijun

Was nice to sit with whoever sat tonight or will sit!

Btw, I had the "Meeting Hall" video up as the Zen Hall didn't work. Does that feature not work anymore? When others are sitting are they using the Meeting Hall?

I'm not sure I've been in it when there were others with me, I'm assuming I should see their video as well right?

Thanks & Gassho,

Shawn

Thank you
    _()_
    Peter

Thanks all _/_

Quote Originally Posted by shards
    Was nice to sit with whoever sat tonight or will sit!

Btw, I had the "Meeting Hall" video up as the Zen Hall didn't work. Does that feature not work anymore? When others are sitting are they using the Meeting Hall?

I'm not sure I've been in it when there were others with me, I'm assuming I should see their video as well right?

Thanks & Gassho,

Shawn
    Hi Shawn!
    The meeting and zen halls use the same system and function (when they function) the exact same. Sometimes one does not load and you have to reload it. Sometimes it takes some time for java to fully load. That said in either room, if yours is the only video then you are the only one in there.

Gassho
    Shohei

Since we had a rerun this week, I decided to go back to last year and pull up a sitting with a dharma talk I hadn't heard before (on Buddha's birthday . . . I guess it is always Buddha's birthday!)

Gassho,

Jennifer

great idea Jennifer!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi everyone,
    Thank you all for this zazenkai! I'm very happy I could share it with you folks, even with the recorded version!

deep gassho,
    Jinyu
    ps: all the snow Jundo talked about can be seen here as lots and lots of rain, after a very dry April month, may our mind be as free as this water non caught in any form... at least we'll travel the world for free! :lol:

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. I did record the next zazenkai so hopefully, I won't be a rerun next time.

Take great care

gassho

Taigu

Thank you judo and all for this zazenkai.

Gassho George

Hello friends,

Thank you for your practice.

Metta,

Saijun