Thread: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Zazen as Refuge

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Zazen as Refuge

Some think of Zazen as their quiet, safe refuge away from it all ...

... But were is not our safe refuge?

Today’s Sit-A-Long video follows at this link. Remember: recording ends soon after the beginning bells; a sitting time of 15 to 35 minutes is recommended.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Re: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Zazen as Refuge

Wow Jundo Sensei I didn't know you had the power to control earthquakes :lol:
    Your talk today reminds me of the essence of previous talks where you have done Zazen in some unlikely locations. Like near the chaotic streets of Tokyo. It's great to have refuge of mind and body. Usually i sit in a nice quiet place but some evenings I sit Zazen on the bed with Kyoko and the baby. I even sat at the tea house the day I had to volunteer. It's great to expand ones practice out into the world. Not just with sitting but also carrying that refuge in ones mind to have any time any place. I am not quit there yet but perhaps someday....
    Gassho,
    John

Jundo-oso;
    Thank you for this image of a real Refuge

Thanks again for a great talk, this was how I got through my stay in hospital.

By the way, that's not the first time you've commanded an earthquake for one of your talks - if you keep it up I shall be tempted to call you Salamander. :lol:

Ty Jundo.

Gassho,

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Onshin
    Thanks again for a great talk, this was how I got through my stay in hospital.

By the way, that's not the first time you've commanded an earthquake for one of your talks - if you keep it up I shall be tempted to call you Salamander. :lol:
    I am afraid it is more a matter of how frequent the earthquakes have been of late, although now things are almost back to normal. We still have 3 or 4 earthquakes every day that give a good shake to the rafters.

Gassho, J

Jundo...BE CAREFUL!!!

What's up with nature lately? Earthquakes there, tornados here...

Maybe there's something to that Mayan calendar :shock:

Well, in that case, come on 2012 so I can stop worrying about my credit score :lol:

Seriously, thank you for this talk...all great stuff that I needed to hear.

I'm gonna go to my "quiet room" now. Rather, I'm gonna carry my "quiet room" with me.

gassho
    Greg

Thank you Jundo,
    _()_
    Peter

Thank you Jundo

Gassho
    raindrop
    sat today

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today

Joyo
    Thank you, Jundo. Zazen is not always a refuge of peace, as I take myself with me---my anger or frustration about the day, my discontent with life.....or whatever......and I must learn how to "sit" with these things.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today