I started looking at ways to practice the Dharma from the moment I wake up. I usually sit Zazen in the morning, but I realized that it was becoming mechanical; I was just following another routine what giving it much thought. So I went looking for some Gathas to recite in the morning so that I can remind myself, and become aware of the reasons why I sit in the first place.

I found two Gathas that I would like to share. And I wrote a little crappy one myself. The first one I found online, but do not know where it came from. And the second one comes from H.H the Dalai Lama’s book “becoming enlightened” (Which, by the way, I have already read, and I am not yet enlightened, maybe I can sue for false adverting. :wink: ) And the last one you can ignore

Morning Gatha
With every breath I take today,
I vow to be awake;

And every step I take,
I vow to take with a grateful heart—

So I may see with eyes of love
Into the hearts of all I meet,

To ease their burden when I can
And touch them with a smile of peace.

Dalai Lama Gatha!

“I am spending my life as a full fledge follower of Buddha. May I remove the three poisons of lust, hatred and ignorance! Destructive emotions, of course, will arise, but I will not voluntarily rush into them. Today I will do whatever I can to read texts, reflect on their meaning, and work on developing wisdom. I will do whatever I can to generate the altruistic intention to become enlightened and implement compassion into my behavior. May whatever obstructs the generation of these practices be pacified!”

My crappy Gatha

“I open my eyes and rejoice at the realization that today was not guaranteed to me.
Realizing that my last breath can come at any moment, I will strive to awaken for the benefit of all. Today I will not allow myself to be controlled by my destructive emotions, but I will control them. And in acting in accordance with the nature of all things, I will not act out in anger, but I will only act out in love.”

Anyway I hope someone will enjoy.
I was planning to write this post filled with Zen speak and riddle like expression, but since I lost all my Zen talk in a bet I had with Mara, I had to write it normally.

*Deep Bows* And may everyone’s practice go well.

Seiryu