Thread: 'I' making and 'My' making

'I' making and 'My' making

Hello friends,

Today, I was in a particularly foul mood; sleep deprived, out of food, not even knowing where my work clothes are (we're moving, and not yet unpacked). It occurs to me, while at an absolute level everything is whole, complete, and not in need of changing, at a relative level, Fudo faced Sajun ( :evil: ) may not be what my wife, co-workers, and general passersby want to be faced with. As such, after my morning sit, I found it helpful to reflect on all of this "I making and My making," (I am grumpy. This situation is ruining my day from the get-go), and just note that "there is anger. I am not anger. There is frustration, I am not frustration."

Perhaps it's just me, but just thinking this way forces my mind to let go of whatever nasty state it has found its way into. It allows a little "breathing room" to make the conscious decision to either carry on or let go.

We have been led by
    Form to
    Feeling to
    Perception to
    Formation to
    Consciousness
    For untold time.
    Wandering on.

We can be led by
    Faith to
    Effort to
    Mindfulness to
    Concentration to
    Wisdom
    Right now.
    Letting go.

Metta,

Saijun

P.S. Has anyone here just taken the time to breathe a few breaths, and just sit in that spaciousness? Some days, for me, it's more restful than sleep, more filling than food.

Aaah. Nice.

Re: 'I' making and 'My' making

Thank you.
    A good reminder, many days lately I find myself in a rough mood, tense, not "myself" even forgeting to breathe. It is difficults sometimes to just stop, breathe, see.
    Gassho.

Ah finals week...

It's been good practice on falling down and getting up again only to fall face first down in the dirt.

BREEEEEAAAAAAAATHHHHHHHHHHHE!

Thank you,

Gassho
    Myoken

Quote Originally Posted by Saijun
    P.S. Has anyone here just taken the time to breathe a few breaths, and just sit in that spaciousness? Some days, for me, it's more restful than sleep, more filling than food.
    I have actually been making a concerted effort at being mindful to do this very thing. My relationships with my sons and wife have improved dramatically. This has hit home with me, realizing anger without becoming it. I try to stop saying "I Am....." and that thought really has done a lot for me. Now I find I am more able to be objective about the anger and see to it's root, and I am mindful of it in the future. I think it was Karl who first mentioned this, and for that I am forever grateful.