Thread: Everything is a Koan

Everything is a Koan

So this morning I received a message from Jundo asking to post an Avatar. So this is what I posted:

Very serious. This is the "I don't give a crap who you are face". Infact, I had just finished class when posting that, and was not in a "great" mood. Class gets me a little tight because I have to make sure everyone is doing their homework, studying correctly, and so on. Anyway,

Then I posted this one (number 2):

"Hey. Look at me, I'm crazy Zen guy. Light hearted and crazy fool. hahahaha.

Then there is my current one ------>

Chilli's cooking. One sec...

Had to stir it.

So, the third one, is Ahhh...Breathe. (I Just got back from picking up a thing at the store and just sat down for a second.)

There were also a couple more, but I didn't post them: deep zen dude Avalokite?vara Boddhisatva

No one told you practice will be easy. Nor will it always be perfect or great. There might be moments where you feel like absolute , can I say "shit"? But that's why it's practice. Day in , day out. Study the self. Drop the self, and so on. Most everything is a koan. From what we think of tooth paste, to what we think of the current situation in (insert country continent here). To how we post pictures, and whether or not the internet is cooperating. The easy path. Yep. Of course it is. (when it's easy

Re: Everything is a Koan

Will,
    thanks for the avatar, your post and practice,
    and be sure, everybody goes through this avatar
    selection procedure at least once :-D
    _()_
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by will
    No one told you practice will be easy. Nor will it always be perfect or great. There might be moments where you feel like absolute , can I say "shit"? But that's why it's practice. Day in , day out. Study the self. Drop the self, and so on. Most everything is a koan.
    Yes, our day to day face constantly changes, moment by moment actually. All our Original Face now doing this, then doing that. Original Face frowns, Original Face smiles.

Thanks Will. You look beautiful to me!

Gassho, J

Very nice to see you Will.
    Thanks ~ Dave.

Hi Will,

Regardless of which picture you choose thanks for sharing your true face with us. I have enjoyed reading your poetry and it is nice to actually see you.

Gassho,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Yes, our day to day face constantly changes, moment by moment actually. All our Original Face now doing this, then doing that. Original Face frowns, Original Face smiles.

I also like the way Will looks, and the way you look Jundo. I somewhere read you have that "special" avatar for certain reason, however, I feel it wouldn't hurt if you lead with a "clear" example, showing you just as you are.
    _()_
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lin

I also like the way Will looks, and the way you look Jundo. I somewhere read you have that "special" avatar for certain reason, however, I feel it wouldn't hurt if you lead with a "clear" example, showing you just as you are.
    _()_
    Peter
    I have seen Jundo sit naked in a bath tub. If that's not "just who you are" I don't know what is. If Jundo still does the video casts, you can catch him there

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lin

_()_
    Peter
    I have seen Jundo sit naked in a bath tub. If that's not "just who you are" I don't know what is. If Jundo still does the video casts, you can catch him there
    Well, I wasn't really naked ... but maybe you imagined me so in your thoughts ... ops:

http://www.treeleaf.org/sit-a-long/with ... t-xvi.html

But, actually, I am seen around here so much on videos, pictures and such ... I am sure all know exactly what I look like in visible form.

And if anyone wants nude pics ... well, send cash. :roll:

Gassho, J

Would you prefer payment in dollars or yen? :lol:

I enjoy the message of there being no right and wrong way of doing things. Just a better ones. The mountain having many paths some of which leading to poison ivy or cliffs was easy to understand. As always, thank you for your practical, down earth style of teaching!

Gassho,
    John

And if anyone wants nude pics ... well, send cash. :roll:

Gassho, J
    I so want to use this for my signature. hahahahaahahhaahhaha :mrgreen: