Thread: Whattsa Who'sa Bodhisattva? - Samantabhadra

Whattsa Who'sa Bodhisattva? - Samantabhadra

Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions ... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions ... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions ... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions... each riffing on Samantabhadra, manifesting Buddhas reflecting Buddhas, Bodhisattvas within Bodhisattvas, in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions ... each riffing on Samantabhadra ...

[youtube] [/youtube]

Re: Whattsa Who'sa Bodhisattva? - Samantabhadra

Thanks Jundo.

Thank you Jundo Sensei. The picture you chose helps to conjure the fractal like image which is being described.
    Even so, it is still quite a bit to wrap one's mind around!

Gassho,
    John

Hi all,
    So, "Sammy the Bad Boy" is all about action, action everywhere. Right? He's the Action Man of compassion. Is that the gist? He entirely permiates the dharma ... ?
    Gassho,
    Soen

In the words of Shokai: ( speaking of every drop and atom in the ocean )
    Over the years I have had a vivid recall of a scene in which I am sitting in the bathtub gazing at a can of Sani Flush standing beside the toilet in the bathroom of a house we lived in seventy years ago. If you can remember, the very colorful label on the Sani Flush can depicted a picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet. On that can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet on which can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet, on which can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet, etc. on ad infinitum. The imagination of that little boy reverberates within my being much the same as helping to conjure the fractal like image that JRBrisson speaks of. And I ask, is this the inherent Buddha Nature in this four year old boy that we are all hoping to find in each of our existences.

Thank you Jundo-oso

Not to get too maudlin over this but, the lady in this picture is wearing a dress very much the same as I recall my mother wearing on several occasions. It's too bad the reproduction of this is not better because in reality you could see at least four or five of the rotating images similar to looking at two mirrors such as Jundo-oso describes.
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/rjmaxwell/saniflush.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai
    In the words of Shokai: ( speaking of every drop and atom in the ocean )
    Over the years I have had a vivid recall of a scene in which I am sitting in the bathtub gazing at a can of Sani Flush standing beside the toilet in the bathroom of a house we lived in seventy years ago. If you can remember, the very colorful label on the Sani Flush can depicted a picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet. On that can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet on which can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet, on which can was a very colorful picture of a lady holding a can of Sani Flush, pouring it into a toilet, etc. on ad infinitum. The imagination of that little boy reverberates within my being much the same as helping to conjure the fractal like image that JRBrisson speaks of. And I ask, is this the inherent Buddha Nature in this four year old boy that we are all hoping to find in each of our existences.

Thank you Jundo-oso

Not to get too maudlin over this but, the lady in this picture is wearing a dress very much the same as I recall my mother wearing on several occasions. It's too bad the reproduction of this is not better because in reality you could see at least four or five of the rotating images similar to looking at two mirrors such as Jundo-oso describes.
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/rjmaxwell/saniflush.jpg

So simple yet so profound! Hi Shokai. I really enjoyed the parallel of this teaching to an actual occurrence in your life. Thank you for sharing. It was a pleasure to read.

Gassho,
    John

... Buddhas are poured into toilets into Buddhas into toilets ...

"in multitudinous worlds containing myriad atoms in all directions" leaves nothing out, neither the toilet nor the kitchen sink.

Is it a puzzle, a riddle, or a koan?

If you got an answer would you keep on asking?

Would you spend a thousand words on considering who killed god or should you kill the Buddha?
    Or would you condense it into a picture of say, an elephant (or Chicago from way up high?)
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/rjmaxwell/IMG_3426.JPG

Whether you get an answer or not, life just keeps om coming.

Henry Ford said; "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are right!"

And the Buddhas poured into toilets, and the toilets poured into Buddhas keep on dancing as well

Thank you John and Jundo, Jundo and John, John and Jundo (Hey, who turned off the funny faces?)

Thank you Jundo, and Shokai.

_/_

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Thank you, Jundo for the talk and the cool picture.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday