Long story short, I've floated in and out of meditation over the past 25 years, first in the Tibetan tradition, then, on my own. When Treeleaf started, I was one of the earliest visitors, and Jundo motivated me to meditate more often, but, with time, work, and other problems, I drifted away. I come back every now and then - most often when I have problems, such as health problems I've been having recently - but I'd like to try and cultivate the discipline to keep meditating every day, for a long time.

I guess that some of us have monkey minds that are too strong, or can't commit to long-term practice. Maybe that's my case. But I'm wondering if there's something I can do to improve my discipline.

Yes, I can hear the answers coming: just sit. One day after the next. And if you say that, you're right. But it's not easy, as many of you know.

So, those who have tamed their discipline, how did you do it? And those who haven't, what do you do to try and tame it? And, to the bosses of Treeleaf, what suggestions do you have?

(One note: I live in a rural area, a few hours from a real sangha, so Treeleaf is my only sangha. If I did live in an area with a sangha, that would be more motivating to go daily or regularly. I have never, since I got interested in meditation, lived in such an area.)

Thanks to all!