Thread: Breathing - not

Breathing - not

Over the past few months, I've been having some odd allergy problems. My doctor and I seem to have narrowed it down to a cleaning product used on tiles on the ground floor of my house.

This has been getting worse, and on Friday, and then again, to a lesser extent, this morning, I found myself unable to breathe. I was gasping for breath, and it wasn't enough. When I left the house, and breathed outside for a while, it got better. The doctor thinks it is allergic asthma.

But this did make me appreciate my breath. I tried focusing on my breath to calm down when these episodes were happening, but as the French say, "c'était plus fort que moi."

Breathing is important...

Re: Breathing - not

Quote Originally Posted by kirkmc
    Over the past few months, I've been having some odd allergy problems. My doctor and I seem to have narrowed it down to a cleaning product used on tiles on the ground floor of my house.

This has been getting worse, and on Friday, and then again, to a lesser extent, this morning, I found myself unable to breathe. I was gasping for breath, and it wasn't enough. When I left the house, and breathed outside for a while, it got better. The doctor thinks it is allergic asthma.

But this did make me appreciate my breath. I tried focusing on my breath to calm down when these episodes were happening, but as the French say, "c'était plus fort que moi."

Breathing is important...
    Our cat, Master Tinky, brought back a childhood cat allergy, and that resulted in allergic asthma last year. My wife and son soon made it clear to me that, if a choice between me and Tinky ... I could sleep in the shed. Fortunately, a little daily prescription solved the problem.

During the asthma attacks, I found that Zazen allowed me to relax and prevented the attack from being aggravated by panic and stress. However, it did not stop the asthma attack itself, which is physiological.

Gassho, J

Re: Breathing - not

Yes, the myth that asthma is _caused_ by stress is wrong. It can be aggravated by stress, and when you have an attack and can't breath, there's little that's more stressful. But I did try using Jundo's InstaZen (TM) during the attacks. I think it may have helped. Many thanks.

Can I ask what you're taking to stop the attacks? (PM if you prefer.) Because if it's that simple, it would be good to know.