Thread: April 1-2, 2011- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

April 1-2, 2011- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

PLEASE NOTE THAT DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HAS BEGUN IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE.

THE SUBJECT OF THE LITTLE TALK THIS TIME WILL BE A SONG CALLED "THE FERRYMAN" by Ralph McTell. PLEASE SEE THE LYRICS HERE and HAVE A LISTEN:

LINK:
    viewtopic.php?p=51011#p51011

Dear All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (1/1) (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night 12/31), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning)) ... and visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'ON DEMAND' at ANY TIME after that, no different from the 'live' sitting . Just click then on the links below:

THE 'REAL TIME, ANY TIME' recorded version is divided into 3 parts as follows (click on the links) :

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN
    ZAZENKAI PART I LINK:

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    TALK & ZAZEN PART 2 LINK:

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING
    ZAZENKAI PART 3 LINK:

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chant Book (PDF) at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: April 1-2, 2011- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

Thanks to all who sat, are sitting, or will sit...deep bows.

And, yes, I wasn't gone very long...but it felt that way. Nice to be here, always.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you so much, Jundo,
    upon Metta verses my 7 yr old son Tobias came in, sat down and imitated my
    posture. He looked very serious, and kept sittinng for about the first 5 to 10
    minutes of the following zazen. So even one more practicer here ;-)
    _()_
    Peter

Thank you Jundo. It was good to sit in Tsukuba again. And thanks to all those sitting this.

May all go well with returning your family home Jundo.
    Best wishes

Nigel.

Jundo,

I think that song is pure wisdom, although I need to listen to it a little bit more.

I am happy you will be reunited with your family.

Thank you very much for this teaching.

It was a great privilege to sit with you from my quiet hermitage on this beautiful sunny yet crisp morning.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

How does that old commercial go? I can't believe I sat the whole thing.

Enjoy the family!

Gassho,

Jen

Will give this one a go later in the month; going to substitute last week's 90min due to schedule constraints. Still looking forward to it; bows to all who have sat, and will sit.

gassho,
    Shujin

Thanks for this... and for the dharma talk.

Speaking of commercials, was the ad in the video in Spanish for everyone? Or perhaps its based on region..

Deep bow and much metta to you all..

_/_ Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natezenmaster
    Speaking of commercials, was the ad in the video in Spanish for everyone? Or perhaps its based on region..
    Yes! I've been getting those for a couple weeks now. Where do they think I am? Well, I could use the practice anyway.

Also this week I got a great little popup that said "Ninja Trader & Zen-Fire" on it. 8)

I love Jundo's opening story about the Japanese being up for it until they found out that it was going to be the 4 hour one! Unfortunately I'm not as "tough" (as Jundo puts it ) as you guys either. I only made it through half on my morning(wednesday) off work!
    Thanks to all fellow sitters.

Gassho,
    John