Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Visit our 'buddhist family holidays' webpage

Visit our 'buddhist family holidays' webpage

Hi,

At the following "BUDDHIST FAMILY HOLIDAYS" WEBPAGE sponsored by our Sangha (hopefully in conjunction with other Zen Sangha who will join with us), we present ideas for family celebrations of some traditional Buddhist Holidays. These are ideas to involve the entire family, and especially kids as a way to introduce them to the meaning of the holidays and basic Buddhist teachings in a positive, lasting way. We hope to introduce these "child oriented" ideas in addition to preserving all the weight and tradition of our ancient practices (they are not meant to replace traditional holiday events and ceremonies, but to supplement them so that our children understand).

The ideas on our "Buddhist Family Holidays" webpage are a work in progress ... and, we hope, will be further developed and grow with your input. Thus, there is a place for your ideas and comment on each subject, and we look forward to your input and contributions. You may discuss them here as well. Particularly, notice our "holiday song writing" and "story writing & art" sections, where we hope to receive submissions from all our Buddhist musicians, writers, artists, animators and the like who wish to create works that may, we hope, become a beloved part of these holidays for years to come.

For now, our project is centered on the holidays of "Vesak" (commemorating the Birth of Baby Buddha in the spring) and "Bodhi Day/Rohatsu" (commemorating the time of the enlightenment of Buddha, traditionally in December). In the future, we may add other holidays as well.

Please put some or all of the ideas into practice in YOUR HOUSE, and report to us on how it all goes ...

Our webpage is ...

http://www.BuddhistFamilyHolidays.com

Gassho, Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 09-17-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Re: VISIT OUR 'BUDDHIST FAMILY HOLIDAYS' WEBPAGE

Wow, the site looks great! I look forward to reading some more and coming up with something to contribute.

Gassho

Jennifer

The new site looks great, thanks to all who put their effort, and talent into it.
    Gassho ~ Hogo.

I don't have kids but I certainly want to celebrate some Buddhist holidays. I specially liked the blanket drive.

Thanks, Jundo! Please let me know if you need help with graphics for this site.

What everyone else said! It really does look great...deep bows!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hope I am not late in saying...gassho....gassho...

Yes, as the holidays came near ... I still felt that this is in BETA version. Still needs some fine tuning. We will encourage and nurture this a bit more for upcoming holidays and years.

I hope everyone will help us develop the ideas and chip in, giving them a try at home.

Gassho, J

Funny! I just had a experience thatís about this topic last week!

I think that Holidays are a beautiful way to show people what Buddhism is about. I had a funny experience last week with my little nephew!

I grew up in a Atheist family but still everybody is celebrating Christmas, as a way to show our love and appreciation to our family members. When I was decorating the Christmas tree my Nephew asked me. Why are you putting light bulbs in a tree? I was kind of flabbergasted by his question and didnít know any answer to come up with.

Somehow ( it was the 6th day of the 12th month ) i thought of Rohatsu and told my Nephew that I was decorating the Bodhi tree ( He off course didnít know what I was talking about ) so I told him a short and child friendly story about the life of the Buddha, and that I was decorating the tree with light bulbs because the Buddha became the enlightenment one while sitting under a tree.

He didnít seem impressed by the story of the Sakyamuni Buddha ( HA! ) but he now sure knows who the Buddha is.

We could sit around the Christmas tree with our kids and drink hot tea ( or coco ), and tell storyís about the Buddha, and after that drink our tea in silence and awareness! With great smiles upon our faces.