Thread: March 26th, 2011 Weekly Zazenkai BACK IN TSUKUBA!

March 26th, 2011 Weekly Zazenkai BACK IN TSUKUBA!

... although all our regular foreign sitters have been airlifted or fled to their home countries, the Japanese sitters probably can't come because of the gasoline shortage, and I'm wearing a lead lined vest under my robes 8) ... yet we ALL SIT WHERE AND HOW WE ARE!! :wink:

So ...

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning))

... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

OUR 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Re: March 26th, 2011 Weekly Zazenkai BACK IN TSUKUBA!

Goood goood gooood. Back to normal

I'll join you virtually saturday morning euro time

Gasho

Rimon

Awesome!! I know it's attachment, but I love our Zazenkai in the Treeleaf Zendo! Even if I'm not physically there it still has presence over me emotionally.
    As per usual, this is my weekend off work so I will be sitting at the crack of dawn Saturday morning

Gassho,
    John

Jundo,

I'm happy you are back home and ready to rumble the zazenkai! I still have to figure out the time for the live cast, but if I can't catch it, rest assured that I will do it tomorrow morning (Saturday) at dawn. Just like John.

It's good to have the zazenkai back Jundo but it is with much sadness under the circumstances.
    I feel the same way as John.
    :? .

Nindo

Friday evening, just home from work - will be nice to sit with you in a little while.

I came out of hiding for a sit....many thanks to all who have sat, are sitting, or will sit.

Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Nindo

It felt like a strong sit ... many sounds ... birds singing in Japan, the central heating hammering in my room, my neighbour playing hard rock, Jundo's neighbours calling ... and all of you chanting of course

Bows,
    Nindo

I had to disconnect mid way but it was so nice for the birds and all to be singing.

Thank you all

Gassho
    Shohei

I too left midway got called to do some work, thank you all for the sit.
    Till we meet again, gassho ~ D.

_()_
    Peter

Thanks Jundo,
    Very enjoyable sit, please say Hi to the neighbours for me :lol: The birds were lovely, they sound like they are in the room with you, are they nesting in the porch perhaps?

Thank you Jundo sensei for the wonderful sitting. Its great to be back home in Tsukuba. Sunshine, chirping birds, friendly neighbors(I couldn't help but smile brightly when they came calling ) and plenty of tremors :shock: . It was a very dynamic Zazenkai!

Jundo Sensei said: "That's a wonderful thing about Japan, people falling together not apart."
    Deep Gassho to this statement!

To Dosho, thanks for comming "out of hiding" to join us. Hope today's Zazenkai could be the spiritual antibiotic you need for your emotional wounds.

Thank you to all fellow sitters past, present, and future.

Gassho,
    John

Just did zazenkai and it was perfect.

I had a little trouble with my left leg but nothing kihin doesn't heal.

Thank you Jundo. It's great you are back home. Hope your family joins you soon.

Nice sitting with you. Not so nice sitting with spring allergies! Clear sinus buddha, runny nose buddha, I guess.

Glad to see your neighbors came by.

Gassho,

Jennifer

Hello,

I'll be doing the zazenkai this evening (as long as my sons cooperate ) from around 9pm EST to 10:30 EST if anyone would like to join in. (I put it on the scheduler)

Ron

Made this one up from last week's missed sitting -- good to be with you all.

gassho,
    Shujin