Thread: March 19, 2011 - Special Zazenkai At This Time

March 19, 2011 - Special Zazenkai At This Time

NOTE: OUR ZENDO ... MORE THAN SUFFICIENT, AS WE CAN SIT WITHIN EVEN A GRAIN OF DUST ... WILL BE A CORNER OF A ROOM LENT TO US BY A TRUE FRIEND IN OSAKA. GASSHO, JUNDO

NOTE THAT DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME HAS BEGUN IN THE U.S. and CANADA (IT WILL NOT COMMENCE IN EUROPE UNTIL MARCH 27th)

Please join our SPECIAL MEMORIAL ZAZENKAI for all those who lost their visible lives, those they love, as well as in dedication to all who are homeless tonight in northern Japan. The entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation at any time, any place:

I shall chant today the SHARIRAIMON (Verse of Homage to Buddha's Relics) (once in Japanese ... the words are below if you wish to follow along) ... then, we shall continue in our usual way with the Heart Sutra in English and according to the schedule below.

Please join us at the following link ...

OUR SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS (90 MINUTES):

00:00 – 00:20 CEREMONY (SHARIRAIMON in Japanese; HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:20 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

JUNDO ONLY WILL CHANT THE SHARIRAIMON (Verse of Homage to Buddha's Relics) in Japanese ...

Verse of Homage to Buddha's Relics
    ???? (Shariraimon)

????
    IS-SHIN CH? RAI

????
    MAN DOKU EN MAN

????
    SHA KA NYO RAI

????
    SHIN JIN SHA RI

????
    HON JI H?S-SHIN

????
    H? KAI T? BA

????
    GA T? RAI KY?

????
    I GA GEN SHIN

????
    NY? GA GA NY?

????
    BUTSU KA JI KO

????
    GA SH? BO DAI

????
    I BUTSU JIN RIKI

????
    RI YAKU SHU J?

????
    HOTSU BO DAI SHIN

????
    SHU BO SATSU GY?

????
    D? NY? EN JAKU

????
    BY? D? DAI CHI

????
    KON J? CH? RAI

With wholehearted reverence we bow to the relics of the true body of the Tathagata Shakyamuni, who is fully endowed with myriad virtues; to the dharma body, which is the fundamental ground; and to his stupa, which is the whole universe. With deep respect we venerate the one who manifested a body for our sake. Through the sustaining power of the Buddha, which enters us even as we enter it, we verify awakening. By means of the Buddha’s spiritual power, we benefit living beings, arouse the thought of awakening, cultivate Bodhisattva practice, and together enter perfect peace, the knowledge of the equality of all things. Now let us reverently bow.
    Gassho, to all joining in this sitting from near and far. Jundo

Re: March 19, 2011 - Special Zazenkai for the Japan Earthquake

Hi Jundo,

I'll be there! Will the time be the same (Saturday 9am Japan time)? We just switched to daylight savings here in the States, so I believe the times would now be 8pm New York (6pm Grand Junction/Santa Fe) and 5pm Los Angeles (Friday night). I'm not sure about the times for Europe though, if anyone can help there....or if I got my times wrong here too. Math is not my strongest subject.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
    Hi Jundo,

I'll be there! Will the time be the same (Saturday 9am Japan time)? We just switched to daylight savings here in the States, so I believe the times would now be 8pm New York (6pm Grand Junction/Santa Fe) and 5pm Los Angeles (Friday night). I'm not sure about the times for Europe though, if anyone can help there....or if I got my times wrong here too. Math is not my strongest subject.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you. I will fix that.

Gassho, Jundo

I will be there, late/just in time but I will be there

Gassho
    Shohei

Re: March 19, 2011 - Special Zazenkai At This Time

Thanks to all who sat, are sitting, or will sit...especially Jundo for taking us along on his journey, both before the events of this last week and after. Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

This night even the full moon attended zazenkai, how wonderfull
    _()_ & Take care
    Peter

Sorry Dosho had to duck out unexpectedly, was nice to see you in the hall if even briefly, I will be re-sitting again tommorow after leaving early tonight. Thank you to all, and to Jundo for this sit.
    Gassho ~Dave.

Hi Jundo and all who sat,
    just finished sitting with you, that was a very moving zazenkai. It is also a beautiful sunny day here

Gassho

Onshin

I just did Zazenkai and it was beautiful.

I found specially powerful to listen to the Shariraimon.

May all suffering beings find peace and may we help the ones we can to attain it.

Jundo, I hope this all crisis stops soon and you and your family can get back home.

Thank you.

Just sat this very poignant Zazenkai from my little cell at my Abbey where I am spending a week.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Thank you.

Gassho,

Jennifer

Jundo,
    Many thanks for this today. I sat in virtual time.
    Gassho,
    Soen

Though summer is not quite here in the South, I sat with you all through one of our first pop-up thunderstorms. Thank you for your sterling leadership, Jundo.

gassho,
    Shujin

No buses, but we did get hit by a big snow storm! My Zazenkai consisted of chanting, shoveling snow, zazen, shoveling more snow, kinhin zazen and closing. Normally this is not the case and i can do it without interruption but its nice to have the on demand version when things don't go as planned!

Thank you Jundo Sensei. I was hoping to see a team up Taigu Sensei on this one but with 2 jobs he must not have been available
    Just a quick question on the tempo. I noticed that all chanting and verses were much slower than we usually do them. Any particular reason?

Thanks to all fellow sitters past, present, and future.

Now off to finish up that shoveling :shock:

Gassho,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JRBrisson
    Just a quick question on the tempo. I noticed that all chanting and verses were much slower than we usually do them. Any particular reason?
    I was sad.

Gassho, Jundo

_/_

Somehow I missed this one. I'll sit it tonight, 9pm EST to 10:30pm EST if anyone would care to join for all or part. (I will put it on the scheduler)

Ron