Thread: It's not my fault

It's not my fault

I finally figured it out! After all the sitting I do, it is a surprise I am not enlightened already.

"You see, I've only just come to realize that all of my problems and lack of progress is the fault of other people. It must be the only explanation, because still I dwell on anger, still I hold on tightly to my attachments to the point where my knuckles are white, still I judge others and shout at them and pity their uselessness and tell them there they're no good, all the while being sneaky, devious, false in speech and non-virtuous in my actions.

I do all these practices and still there is nothing. Other people must be so dumb, so superficial and empty and ignorant if even by my practicing the Dharma they're still not any nicer or smarter or more aware. Boy, they have real problems; no wonder the Dharma is degenerating: God only knows what could withstand such ignorance that people have; it's a good job I'm always there to point out their flaws!

I know the problem can't be me. Definitely not. I'm doing everything right and I pray every day for the benefit of all sentient beings, so therefore it can't be my fault - it must definitely be the fault of others. Yeah, that's it. It's other peoples' fault that I still cling to anger and jealousy and pride and frustration; it's other peoples' fault that I'm not making loads of progress in my practice. It's nothing to do with me. I'm doing everything there is do be done and since no-one is smarter than me and since no-one has the same level of understanding as me, then it's logical: my problems and other peoples' problems aren't my fault. No, it definitely isn't my fault."

Isn't it great when you figure it all out :wink:

Gassho

Seiryu

Re: It's not my fault

Gassho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu
    I know the problem can't be me. Definitely not. I'm doing everything right and I pray every day for the benefit of all sentient beings, so therefore it can't be my fault - it must definitely be the fault of others. Yeah, that's it. It's other peoples' fault that I still cling to anger and jealousy and pride and frustration; it's other peoples' fault that I'm not making loads of progress in my practice. It's nothing to do with me. I'm doing everything there is do be done and since no-one is smarter than me and since no-one has the same level of understanding as me, then it's logical: my problems and other peoples' problems aren't my fault. No, it definitely isn't my fault."
    Am sensing a touch of Sarcasam? Or maybe you are a politician??? :lol:
    Nah I think I get your point.
    Gassho ~Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogo
    Am sensing a touch of Sarcasam? Or maybe you are a politician??? :lol:
    Nah, I think he's a commenter on most Buddhist blogs. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu

Isn't it great when you figure it all out :wink:

Gassho

Seiryu
    Now go help the person near you.

Heh. Sounds a lot like the troll folk on other forums. Sadly I've met a few and I know how some of them think.

So yeah, this one is pretty good on irony. Which is always good!

Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much
    as your own unguarded thoughts.

The Buddha,

In my personal study I tend to find that awakening is found in personal responsibility of everything, (you are everything).
    Hope you find peace with "dumb people" and find wholeness in understanding.

Gassho,
    Jess.

Is is possible that your friends seem ignorant because you don't try to teach and help them,
    granted it is easier to feel superior.

Gassho,
    Jess.

"You see, I've only just come to realize that all of my problems and lack of progress is the fault of other people. It must be the only explanation, because still I dwell on anger, still I hold on tightly to my attachments to the point where my knuckles are white, still I judge others and shout at them and pity their uselessness and tell them there they're no good, all the while being sneaky, devious, false in speech and non-virtuous in my actions.

I do all these practices and still there is nothing. Other people must be so dumb, so superficial and empty and ignorant if even by my practicing the Dharma they're still not any nicer or smarter or more aware. Boy, they have real problems; no wonder the Dharma is degenerating: God only knows what could withstand such ignorance that people have; it's a good job I'm always there to point out their flaws!

Who among us hasn't thought these thoughts, at least in part?
    Who among us hasn't said these words out loud, at least in part?
    Probably recently, right?
    I did just yesterday.
    What about you?
    He's posted a mirror, but how many of us saw ourselves looking back?
    How many of us read this and said to ourselves, "At least I'm better than that guy"?
    WRONG
    We are that guy!
    At least in part

Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    Who among us hasn't thought these thoughts, at least in part?
    Who among us hasn't said these words out loud, at least in part?
    Probably recently, right?
    I did just yesterday.
    What about you?

Every day.
    Gassho.