Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

  1. #1
    Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage Priest Taigu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,906

    SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    The Nishijima Cross translation goes as follows:

    Daibutsu would like to tell Shakky? the fol-
    lowing: “Before, when you grabbed Seid?’s nostrils, if you wanted to grasp
    space, you should have grabbed the nostrils of yourself, Shakky?, and you
    should have understood how to grasp the fingertips with the fingertips.” Even
    so, Shakky? does know a bit about the dignified behavior of grasping space.
    Even a good player at grasping space needs to research the interior and exte-
    rior of space, needs to research the deadening and vitalization of space, and
    needs to know the lightness and weight of space. We should maintain and
    rely upon [the teaching] that the effort in pursuit of the truth, the establish-
    ment of the mind, the practice and experience, and the assertions and ques-
    tions of buddhas and of patriarchs are just the grasping of space.
    My late master, Tend? Nyoj?, the eternal buddha, says: “The whole
    body like a mouth, hanging in space.”
    Clearly, the whole body of space is suspended in space.
    Grasping space is extra. This reality in this reality, this space in this space practice, teach and preach the Dharma. Like the empty mouth of a bell, space moves in space.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHAnPnRXmU[/video]]

  2. #2

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    *Gassho*

    *Laughs*

    *Bows*

    =)

    Seiryu

  3. #3
    Treeleaf Unsui Kyrillos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montgomery Illinois USA
    Posts
    513

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Thank you Taigu. I promise not to worry.

    Gassho,

    Seishin Kyrill

  4. #4

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Thanks for this talk Taigu.

    May I quote?

    "It is not something you can attain
    it is something you can be
    like a bell
    that hangs in emptiness..."

    beautiful. Thanks.

    gassho
    Greg

  5. #5
    Friend of Treeleaf Myozan Kodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Thank you Taigu.
    Not-grasping.
    There already.
    Now.
    Gassho,
    Soen

  6. #6

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Simply thank you!

    Jinyu

  7. #7

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Gassho,
    Engyo

  8. #8

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    _()_
    Peter

  9. #9
    Friends of Treeleaf Dokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Thank you Taigu.

    Gassho,

    Shawn

  10. #10

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    The whole body is a mouth
    Hanging in space
    Not caring which way the wind blows
    east, west, south or north
    All day long it speaks
    of Prajna Paramita for everyone
    ting-ton, ting-ton, ting-tong

    Thank you Taigu Sensei. Thank you for the "ting-tong".
    I will return to Koku many times I hope.
    Today in Zazen, I experienced a small glimpse of what it must be like to be the wind bell, hanging in space, not caring which way the wind blows. One day maybe I will -be- the bell. On that day I will answer the Mu Koan too. When our whole body-mind can hang there in the space of Samadhi and not care what winds our aching bodies and restless minds are sending our way, then hopefully we can be the wind bell in ordinary life too, where the wind is sometimes a gentle summer breeze and sometimes an ice cold blizzard, just swinging with the wind, not judging, not discriminating. I hope so.

    Gassho,
    Pontus

  11. #11

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Omoi Otoshi
    The whole body is a mouth
    Hanging in space
    Not caring which way the wind blows
    east, west, south or north
    All day long it speaks
    of Prajna Paramita for everyone
    ting-ton, ting-ton, ting-tong

    Thank you Taigu Sensei. Thank you for the "ting-tong".
    I will return to Koku many times I hope.
    Today in Zazen, I experienced a small glimpse of what it must be like to be the wind bell, hanging in space, not caring which way the wind blows. One day maybe I will -be- the bell. On that day I will answer the Mu Koan too. When our whole body-mind can hang there in the space of Samadhi and not care what winds our aching bodies and restless minds are sending our way, then hopefully we can be the wind bell in ordinary life too, where the wind is sometimes a gentle summer breeze and sometimes an ice cold blizzard, just swinging with the wind, not judging, not discriminating. I hope so.

    Gassho,
    Pontus
    Gassho,

    I don't believe we have to answer "Mu" to anybody or be any bell. Our lives ring whether we want them to or not. As far as samadhi goes, I'll paraphrase one of the patriarchs, if we enter and leave the space of samadhi it's not really samadhi, is it? Some state of the bell, a magical suspension, not really for me.

    Then again, I could be off on your words. You tell me!

    Gassho,
    Taylor (Myoken)

  12. #12

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Taylor wrote:
    "I don't believe we have to answer "Mu" to anybody or be any bell. Our lives ring whether we want them to or not. As far as samadhi goes, I'll paraphrase one of the patriarchs, if we enter and leave the space of samadhi it's not really samadhi, is it? Some state of the bell, a magical suspension, not really for me.

    Then again, I could be off on your words. You tell me!"

    No, you're not off at all, I see what you mean.
    I don't see it as an important "goal" to answer Mu, as a matter of fact, as a I wrote in another thread, it isn't important at all to my practise. The answer to the Koan is just something I suspect would follow naturally if I would become the bell in my life and practice, if I truly got to know emptiness. I do believe that we should try to be the wind bell in our lives and practices. But it's true that if our practice is pure, the bell rings whether or not we like the metaphor of an old poem or not!

    Sorry for using the word Samadhi.

    Thank you for your input Taylor, very valuable!

    Gassho,
    Pontus

  13. #13

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    And a gassho to you as well Pontus!

    No need to apologize for your words, they come purely from you!

    Gassho,
    Taylor (Myoken)

  14. #14

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Taylor wrote:
    "No need to apologize for your words, they come purely from you!"

    Yes, but Samadhi is special. In this case it was an unnecessary choice of word. Is has a different meaning for every person and it is prone to be misunderstood. Have I ever experienced Samadhi? Absolute Samadhi? Nope. Deep Samadhi? Probably not. Medium Rare Samadhi? It that when you to 99% forget time, pain, thoughts? OK, I did that a few times. Shallow Samadhi, does it exist? Maybe when you feel calm, centered and don't pay too much attention to your thoughts? Is Zazen perfect as it is, without Samadhi? Yes.

    Gassho,
    Pontus

  15. #15

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Omoi Otoshi
    Taylor wrote:
    "No need to apologize for your words, they come purely from you!"

    Yes, but Samadhi is special. In this case it was an unnecessary choice of word. Is has a different meaning for every person and it is prone to be misunderstood. Have I ever experienced Samadhi? Absolute Samadhi? Nope. Deep Samadhi? Probably not. Medium Rare Samadhi? It that when you to 99% forget time, pain, thoughts? OK, I did that a few times. Shallow Samadhi, does it exist? Maybe when you feel calm, centered and don't pay too much attention to your thoughts? Is Zazen perfect as it is, without Samadhi? Yes.

    Gassho,
    Pontus
    Samahdi is no thing special. It is simply your Original Mind allowing and learning from all things. To pursue samadhi is to be trapped in the delusion of the minds goal of attainment. How can you find that which is none other than the deluded mind( good samadhi, bad samadhi, mediocre samadhi) seeking a perfect state? A moment of Shikantaza is a moment of Empty Mind or samadhi. Gassho, Zak

  16. #16

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Quote Originally Posted by zak
    Samahdi is no thing special. It is simply your Original Mind allowing and learning from all things. To pursue samadhi is to be trapped in the delusion of the minds goal of attainment. How can you find that which is none other than the deluded mind( good samadhi, bad samadhi, mediocre samadhi) seeking a perfect state? A moment of Shikantaza is a moment of Empty Mind or samadhi. Gassho, Zak
    Yes, I agree. I meant to say that the word Samadhi is special because people are sensitive about it. If we all dropped the holiness of it, I suspect we wouldn't be so sensitive about its use. Thanks for the clarification Zak!

    Gassho,
    Pontus

  17. #17
    Senior Member Ronchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leiderdorp, Holland
    Posts
    127

    Re: SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 4

    Thank you, Taigu.

    Gassho,
    Ronald.

Similar Threads

  1. SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 3
    By Taigu in forum TEACHER TALKS, TIPS and TOPICS
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
  2. SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 6
    By Taigu in forum TEACHER TALKS, TIPS and TOPICS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
  3. SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 5
    By Taigu in forum TEACHER TALKS, TIPS and TOPICS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 09:46 AM
  4. SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 2
    By Taigu in forum TEACHER TALKS, TIPS and TOPICS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 02:17 PM
  5. SIT-A-LONG with Taigu: Koku 1
    By Taigu in forum TEACHER TALKS, TIPS and TOPICS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •