Thread: Returning

Returning

Some months ago I began my daily practice in earnest. I struggle with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. After two months the OCD, my personal demon rose up. My practice faltered then stopped.

Like my attention to my breath, I am beginning again.

I am wondering if a regular weekly sanzen would help maintain my focus. Again, I am too far form a center to attend in person. I was hoping to find some regular way of "checking in", a touch stone, not unlike my breath.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

gassho,
    Marty

Re: Returning

Hey Marty,
    Have you thought about asking someone to be your "practice partner", kind of like we did with Ango? You could interact with skype or e-mail or whatever works better for you. The "practice partner" thing really worked well for me and I got a friend out of the deal.

Just a thought,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by mhoke46375
    Some months ago I began my daily practice in earnest. I struggle with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. After two months the OCD, my personal demon rose up. My practice faltered then stopped.

Like my attention to my breath, I am beginning again.

I am wondering if a regular weekly sanzen would help maintain my focus. Again, I am too far form a center to attend in person. I was hoping to find some regular way of "checking in", a touch stone, not unlike my breath.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

gassho,
    Marty
    Hi Marty,

Please write me when you can, and let's chat about it.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Marty,
    It looks like Jundo Sensei is going to work with you on this one but please keep us posted!

Gassho
    John