Thread: WATCH TODAY'S JUKAI (LINK)

WATCH TODAY'S JUKAI (LINK)

An Auspicious Day for our Sangha!

If you would like to be in the audience for today's Jukai live, it will be at this link from the following times. The ceremony will last about 1 hour.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 16th 2011 at MIDNIGHT (Sunday/Monday) JAPAN TIME (which should be SUNDAY 10AM in NY, 7AM on the West Coast, 3pm in London, 4 pm in Paris).
    Please join to support our new Preceptees.

Gassho, Jundo

WATCH TODAY'S JUKAI (LINK)

Looking forward to it! Happy to be a part of such an important day in your walks.

Gassho

Shawn

Re: WATCH TODAY'S JUKAI (LINK)

Exciting!! Think I can only catch the first half before having to meet my parents for brunch I'll have to watch the rest on demand Good luck to all who are taking part.
    And thank you to Jundo Sensei for even giving students the opportunity!!!

Gassho
    John

Just about to login, and the baby wakes up from her nap early... such is life! Congratulations to everyone. I plan to watch the recording!

Cheers,
    Matt

Congratulations to all who took Jukai today! Thank you for your practice and your commitment to the same.

Deep gasshos,

Shawn

PS - I hope your tooth feels better soon Jinyu! :shock:

Congratulations and best wishes to all who received the precepts today! It was lovely sitting in on the ceremony.

Gassho!

Jennifer

Congratulations to you all! Unfortunately I am in the midst of a flu laden household and could not be with you live.
    I dedicate my efforts to you all this evening when I will sit.

Yours in the Sangha,
    Louis

Thank you everyone! Especially Jundo and Taigu for your tireless efforts and instruction (and handholding through the Rakusu ).

Gassho,

Risho

Congratulations to all on receiving the precepts today. I was there regardless of the fact that the link would not give entrance to the chat room. Thank you all for your practice and support. I would just like to add that our cat Billie also received the precepts as you can see in the pictures following. And, with your permission I will conferred upon her the Dharma name of Kotani (Little Wave).

As, you can see I had to reach over the wave to do my sixteen x three prostrations.

CONGRATULATIONS to all!!!

Gassho,
    Eika

Yugen

Yes, Congratulations and warm wishes!! Sharing the Jukai has been a renewal of sorts for my own practice and commitment to the precepts.... Thank you all.

Yugen

Deep bows to all!
    Richard your helper Kotani, brought a big smile to my face I had to stare down the wrong end of my dog once and got a face full of tongue another.... (note to self... let the dog out first!)

Gassho
    Shohei

How wonderful! Congratulations to all!

Gassho,
    Jisen/BrianW

Congratulations to all jukaiees!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Stephanie

Congratulations! Is there a list of everyone who received Jukai this year? And I checked in to see what time it started too late, and missed it live--was it recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie
    Congratulations! Is there a list of everyone who received Jukai this year? And I checked in to see what time it started too late, and missed it live--was it recorded?
    Here you go!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3332

Gassho,
    Dosho

gassho....

Hi everyone

Congratulations to all Jukaiees! :wink:

Sorry,I couldn't stay to the end!

gassho,
    Jinyu
    ps: I finally really broke my tooth! :mrgreen:

Congratulations to all who received the precepts!

Unfortunately I couldn't make the live ceremony - but I look forward to watching the recording!

Tainin

"Across the distance of no distance"

Congratulations to all who took the precepts!! Everyone looked great. Even though you were small on the screen, you were all huge in spirit!!
    Thank you to Jundo Sensei and Taigu Sensei for all your hard work. Otsukaresama!

Gassho
    John

Hello,

congratulations to all of you! It is a wonderful feeling to think that yet again so many of you decided to commit to the Buddhadharma in this way. Never forget that next to Buddha and Dharma, the Sangha is an integral part of our practise (including all the ups and downs that such a commitment entails).

Let us all realise the mystery of things-as-they-are together!

Btw.: If any of you ever feel like chatting or fancy a cup of tea when in Germany, here's my skype name: hans.christian.stucken

Gassho and a deep prostration,

Hans

Congratulations , a great blessing for the Sangha and our teachers,

Sylvie

Hi All,

I was watching the recorded Jukai ceremony at Ustream and it stopped at the 44 minute+ mark, just after Jundo read the 2nd of the 10 precepts. Multiple tries and it still stops at this spot. Anyone aware of a way around this stoppage?

Gassho,
    Tainin

Jukai was beautiful... both formal and loose, liturgical and spontaneous.
    Thank you, Jundo Sensei, and congrats to all preceptees.
    Awesome and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainin
    Hi All,

I was watching the recorded Jukai ceremony at Ustream and it stopped at the 44 minute+ mark, just after Jundo read the 2nd of the 10 precepts. Multiple tries and it still stops at this spot. Anyone aware of a way around this stoppage?

Gassho,
    Tainin
    I guess you are just stuck on keeping those particular Precepts, Tainin! :twisted:

Usteam can be a little temperamental sometimes. Try a bit later, or on a different computer. It is all there.

Gassho, J

thank you for your practice
    _()_
    Peter