Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Priests and Priests: Walking the Buddhist and Christian Path

Re: Priests and Priests: Walking the Buddhist and Christian Path

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    Depending on where you stand, the whole zen experience is in this thread/topic. If you stand in a place of devotion you see many mountains, or religions. If you stand in a place of criticism those mountains become rivers of thought or beliefs. And if you stand in a place of contemplation (zazen) it all becomes One Mountain, One Body.
    That's what I wanted to say...thanks Alan. Makes sense to me.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Re: Priests and Priests: Walking the Buddhist and Christian Path

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillos
    What is happening on a larger scale thre is what happened with me, personally on a much smaller more personal scale; a genuine feeling of the sharing of monastic fraternity with someone of a different religion, that was at once familiar and welcoming, as well as practicable in the idiom I already understood. Once that is felt, there is a natural draw to learn how much more we share.
    I'm also drawn to similarities and common themes between religions.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    ...at the devotional level there is conflict between Buddhism and Christianity, hence your original question. But once you get to the contemplative level that conflict seems to go away.

Depending on where you stand, the whole zen experience is in this thread/topic. If you stand in a place of devotion you see many mountains, or religions. If you stand in a place of criticism those mountains become rivers of thought or beliefs. And if you stand in a place of contemplation (zazen) it all becomes One Mountain, One Body.
    Nice!