Thread: dharma transmission from Nishijima roshi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dharma transmission from Nishijima roshi

I recently discovered, that Brad Warner got transmission from Gudo Wafu Nishijima, just like Jundo. Though I googled for it, I seem not be able to find out who else got transmission from him, does anybody know ?

Interesting to re-find this thread during our 15th anniversary celebration and a lovely reminder of what a big and, as AlanLa said, diverse family we are.

I looked this up after a discussion with another of Nishijima's heirs on Facebook, and not mentioned here thus far, Rachelle Allen-Sherwood, who is an artist in the UK: https://www.rachelleallen-sherwood.com/ My ex-wife met her at a Theravada talk in Canterbury and she said she studied with Roshi as a contemporary of Brad and Peter Rocca.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Last edited by Kokuu; 04-17-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Interesting that the thread and most of the posts all happened on the anniversary of his birth.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

And of course I start reading from the top of the thread and start thinking "wow, I haven't seen some of them in a while!". hahahah

Thank you for raizing this one Kokuu; it's neat seeing older threads pop back up.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    And of course I start reading from the top of the thread and start thinking "wow, I haven't seen some of them in a while!". hahahah

Thank you for raizing this one Kokuu; it's neat seeing older threads pop back up.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Myoku is still around, although quiet. (Hi Myoku ) Jinyu is now Ordained in a Chinese lineage.

One fellow, dear heart, has left this visible world: Let's take a moment to recall our good friend Alan, who was an important part of this place for years. I miss his gruff voice around here.

Thank you for introducing Rachelle. Wonderful.

Gasho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-17-2021 at 08:27 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE