Thread: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: WHAT WE THINK OTHERS THINK

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: WHAT WE THINK OTHERS THINK

The topic came up in another thread about worrying too much about what others think of us ...

I have a tendancy to take a lot of what people say to me, personal. ... Can anyone give me some tips from a buddhist or zen-perspective, how to stop myself from constantly being so busy with what other people think of me (or, better put: what I think that other people think of me)

viewtopic.php?p=42113#p42113
    Well, ultimately there is no "you" there, nor "others" ... so no need for you to worry what others think!

However, even before one gets to such an ultimate Truth ... there's much Wisdom that Shikantaza Practice can offer to free us from opinions, from self judgments, imaginings and the like. Let them go, let them drift from mind!

What's more ... you are a jewel, just as you are! Not a thing to change! (which doesn't mean, however, that you don't have some flaws, my friend, in need of change! 8) )

Gassho, Jundo

Today’s Sit-A-Long video follows at this link. Remember: recording ends soon after the beginning bells; a sitting time of 20 to 35 minutes is recommended.

Last edited by Jundo; 06-21-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Re: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: WHAT OTHERS THINK

Jundo;

Having issues with old Youtube acc't or set up of new acc't so, couldn't comment directly on today's sitalong.
    However, thank you, I now know you have the experience to believe me when I say I had a full head of curly hair when younger[]; it was full of a lot of other things as well but, all in the past and let go of (at least that is the impression today). Good Talk!!

gassho, Richard

Re: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: WHAT OTHERS THINK

Good talk today, "King of the Dorks."

And a nice viewing experience on YouTube. Sometimes the message is perfectly fine, it just needs to be paired with the right venue.

Gassho,

a fellow dork

"Take it from me, The King of the Dorks." Hahaha
    Thank you Jundo.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

I tend to be self-conscious, so this talk hit home. Also, the lesson that "Everything is perfect, in no need of change, yet at the same time, some changes need to be made" resonated with me. Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Kyotai
    Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    I tend to be self-conscious, so this talk hit home. Also, the lesson that "Everything is perfect, in no need of change, yet at the same time, some changes need to be made" resonated with me. Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday
    Wonderful talk. Thank you for resurrecting this.

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

Kyotai
    Timeless. A wonderful talk

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

Thank you for this, Jundo.

Gassho

Marcos

#SatToday
    _/|\_

Kyōsei

強 Kyō
    声 Sei

Namu kie Butsu, Namu kie Ho, Namu kie So.