Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Zazen for Beginners - INTRODUCTION

Threaded View

Zazen for Beginners - INTRODUCTION

-- BEGINNER'S MIND

Hi,

Especially for new folks to Treeleaf, I ask you to sit with our series of talks for "beginners" on the "Sit-a-Long" netcast

They are found in this thread ... and there are 24 talks in the series.

We all should maintain "Beginners Mind", moment to moment. However, these talks are meant for beginners in "Just Sitting" Shikantaza Zazen and newcomers to Treeleaf Sangha. Shikantaza is our central Practice at Treeleaf.

Taigu and I discuss the "ins" and "outs" and "goals" of "Just Sitting", which has to do a lot with dropping thoughts like "in" and "out" and "goals"! I talk about where you can expect to "go" in your Practice, and what you can expect to attain, which is, of course, ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE AND NOTHING! (and that makes all the difference in the world!)

As well, each talks ends with the ringing of the bells to begin Zazen ... and Taigu and I hope that you will "sit-a-long" with us. A sitting time of 20 to 35 minutes is recommended, but if you are new to Zazen, it is alright to begin sitting for a shorter time if that is felt too difficult.

I hope that both new folks and old timers will give a listen, as we talk about many of the nuts and bolts of this wonderful practice. We are all, of course, ever beginning now and now and now ...

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-10-2014 at 03:21 PM.