Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Sit-a-Long with Taigu: Zazen for Beginners (Part XVIII)

Hybrid View

Sit-a-Long with Taigu: Zazen for Beginners (Part XVIII)

Rev. Taigu Turlur riffs a bit more on Kannon Bodhisattva in sitting:

People often describe the path of Zen as being relatively dry, lacking heart and not emphasizing sufficient compassion. This is, of course, a misconception. Kannon or Kanzeon is a much revered figure in our tradition, and rather than prostrating in front of a statue, our tradition invites us to cultivate Avalokitesvara’s mind in our very life, to sit and act out of the space of Kannon. When one does so, Kannon fades away, if Kannon sits, moves, speaks or sings, it cannot be aware of itself. There is only room and consciousness for the sitting, moving or speaking.

CLICK HERE for today’s Sit-A-Long video.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Remember: recording ends soon after the beginning bells; a sitting time of 15 to 35 minutes is recommended.

Thank you, Taigu.

Gassho.

Hi Taigu could you please explain this a little more :" to sit and act out of the space of Kannon" For some reason I'm unable to grasp what this means. I think what you are saying is to cultivate then manifest the qualities of Kannon then just "be" in the space with those qualities allowing them to settle and become a part of your fiber.....but I'm not sure. And could you please tell me the name of the "humble, every man's Buddha" I like the way you said "He's not for the cool people but for the farmers and villagers" I think I would like to read more about this figure. Thank you for your sit-a-long and thank you for any help you can offer.

Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage Priest Taigu's Avatar
    Thank you for your question.
    Kannon does not have to be cultivated as it is your own original face as is and it's compassionate activity. As we sit, it expresses itself naturally without intention and beyond grasping or perceiving. You are Kannon s body mind. And yet, it is for the simple minds but we have to remember that all belong...if some people may create a difference between themselves and others, Kannon does not choose.

Gassho

Taigu