Thread: Special Teachings Forum?

Special Teachings Forum?

Hi all
    Perhaps I missed the talk but I have just noticed a new forum on the board that requires an extra password to get in.
    It also mentions "special teachings" and stuff!
    Can you let me know why there's a board that requires another password? Is this a two tier system in operation, perhaps for the more "worthy", he says jesting (and hoping its not true)?
    I recall reading in the Pali suttas that the Buddha said something along the lines of he taught with an open hand..no secrets to the dharma.
    I am just a bit perplexed about this......
    All the best
    Rich

Re: Special Teachings Forum?

and then I click on it again and I'm in there!
    So guess the problem mustve been my end- often the case that

and then I notice they are links to the sit-a-longs with commentary.
    I have to say that the sit-a-longs by both Jundo and Taigu have generally been excellently clear and precise teachings.
    Gratitude for these gentlemen.
    Rich

Hiya Rich
    - two tier for sure... they are raising us all up!! :wink:
    Thank you Jundo and Taigu for your teachings, for your efforts and resolve the are quite invaluable!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hey Griz,

Yes, the original idea was to put the most esoteric teachings on the magic and "Meaning of Life" in there and, for a fee, allow the elite few to enter. :shock:

Then we decided, what the hey, to let everybody in!

Just kidding. Actually, Taigu and I talked about it, and we felt that some basic teachings, talks and such were hard to find for newcomers in the chaotic sweep of this forum, so we should give them some space. No password necessary, nor fee.

"Meaning of Life" is still in there though! 8)

Gassho, Jundo

PS - Meaning of Life = 42 (for all you "Hitchikers Guide" fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    PS - Meaning of Life = 42 (for all you "Hitchikers Guide" fans)
    Jundo you gained my respect as a teacher long ago, but you just gained my love as a geek.

Hands together
    Will

P.S. Always know where your towel is.

And thanks for all the fish!

Yes, but what's the question?!

Shohei
    That brought a tier to my eye!

Jundo
    You know you'll never make a good capitalist this way. What about all the upkeep on that private temple of yours out the back?
    And you mean there really are no secret teachings???? What sort of way is that to run a spiritual endeavour?

Yeah, putting these things in one place is a great idea.

Until next time,

So long and thanks for all the fish! (now we'll see who really are the geeks!)

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly
    Shohei
    That brought a tier to my eye!

Jundo
    You know you'll never make a good capitalist this way. What about all the upkeep on that private temple of yours out the back?
    And you mean there really are no secret teachings???? What sort of way is that to run a spiritual endeavour?

Yeah, putting these things in one place is a great idea.

Until next time,

So long and thanks for all the fish! (now we'll see who really are the geeks!)

Rich
    LOLOL!! /me bows
    Gassho
    Shohei
    (oh...yeah my answer to everyone here at work who starts out Can i ask you a question? (meaning will you do this for me)... my answer before they ask is always... 42. - Im not popular)

Hiya,
    The new "Talks and Teachings" forum is a great idea! As a daft eternal beginner, I find the need to refresh my memory of basics constantly. I have, in the past, found myself searching aimlessly for "that" talk or post on a particular subject from Jundo or Taigu. A user-friendly compendium of teachings is just the ticket!

m

I apologize to everyone that moving all these threads around is messing with the "View New Posts" function ...

search.php?search_id=newposts

... Oh, just one more thing to practice with.

It should all settle out in a day or two.

Gassho, Jundo

Hiya,
    I thought at first the new forum was special access to 'The Electric Monk' so he do all the believing for us.

Gassho

Joe

(now we will see who the real DA fans are)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTurner
    Hiya,
    I thought at first the new forum was special access to 'The Electric Monk' so he do all the believing for us.

Gassho

Joe

(now we will see who the real DA fans are)
    Hello Joe,

Is the horse still in the washroom?

-------

I would like to thank Jundo and Taigu for the new forum--perhaps I'm lazy and stupid, but it makes finding the "Treeleaf Teachings" as it were so much easier.

Much metta,

Perry

Hi Spud,
    No, he is taking a rest on the sofa in the stair well.

Gassho

Joe

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be home in time for breakfast.......

All of these DA relating posts are well amazing. Thank you very much. Now if you excuse me I'm going outside of this insane asylum(I hope you all remeber this part) and eating a sandwich of perfectly normal beast().

Hands together on a towel
    Will

OK I admit I dont know......whats DA??????
    And does anyone recognise the last quote I put in? You get 1.414 points for it....
    Rich

DA is Douglas Adams the author of the ever increasingly incorrectly named Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy, as well as other books. And I'm sorry I didn't get your reference Rich.

Will

Hiya Grizzly, DA is for Douglas Adams wrote some good stuff and cult following much like your reference to (which i admit i had to google) Red dwarf The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (That I have never read!!! :X) and one I was given as a gift :

as they thought it funny...(
    HES NAME IS LIKE MY NAME!
    )though now i cant find it since we last moved in 2005. .

Gassho
    Shohei

Shohei!

Doh! My brain must be due for its service...of course it stands for Mr Adams!

I do hope you'll be able to catch some of the gross stupidity that is Red Dwarf sometime soon too

And not comedy sci-fi but something deep, dark and troubling about the Brit psyche:

"This is a local shop or local people. We'll have no trouble here"

(for i points- no googling!)

Rich

...something deep, dark and troubling about the Brit psyche...
    Hello Rich,

I always thought that the only thing deep, dark, and troubling to come out of the UK was blood pudding...

Metta,

Perry

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSpud
    ...something deep, dark and troubling about the Brit psyche...
    Hello Rich,

I always thought that the only thing deep, dark, and troubling to come out of the UK was blood pudding...

Metta,

Perry
    Nope it's Eddie Izzard, but if you ever get a chance, watch his stand up "Dress to Kill", I literally flew out of my seat, I was laughing so hard, propelled by the force of my own mirth. Soooooooo funny.

Nope it's Eddie Izzard, but if you ever get a chance, watch his stand up "Dress to Kill", I literally flew out of my seat, I was laughing so hard, propelled by the force of my own mirth. Soooooooo funny.
    Oh, wow...I'm a "crying laugher" and the tears were just streaming down my face watching "Dress to Kill", that was mind-blowingly funny. :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

gassho
    Julia

Hi folks

Black Pudding and our Eddie may be slightly disturbing to some of you, but I promise this quote comes from something far deeper and darker!

Rich

Hi folks

Black Pudding and our Eddie may be slightly disturbing to some of you, but I promise this quote comes from something far deeper and darker!

Rich
    Doctor Who?

lol..nope! Dr Who is quite normal here

Hello my transatlantic chums, its so nice to hear how popular our humour is over there. I like the Ace Rimmer quote by the way Grizzly. I must make a couple of points about Dark Psyche, (not to mention Ariadne), Black Pudding is Northern, we southerners screw our faces up at that one as well, except of course in expensive trendy retaurants. It goes hand in hand with 'Ecky thump', the ancient martial art of the north. Now that one should have you stumped. The other point is, I am a died in the wool anorack, so please do not dis the Doctor. Also, and 'May I make an observation at this point?' This is the zazen section of the forum and I think teach might step in soon and ask if we should perhaps be doing this social bonding thing next door.

Joe (and by the way - Don't Blink)

Hi Grizzly,
    By the way, (another way), Surely we are in a league of gentlemen (and ladies) here.

Joe

Joe that Doctor Who refference made me shudder. Thanks for that :P

Hands together
    Will

Joe!

You win 'the square root of minus one' points! Although you have the edge on 'the over the pond' dwellers.

On the black pudding front I have to say that while it may have become a more Northern thing in modern times, puddings were all over Britain and on the continent too throughout history!

Rich