Thread: timeposts

timeposts

Hellos to all

A long time goes between posts sometimes

Sometimes in my posts I refer back to different periods of time in my life, in sitting....

It occurred to me that some may take this as a bragadoccio (sp?) kind of thing

Nothing could be farther from the truth: the passage of time does not involve any special skill

When it comes to sitting zazen, all that was required was that I started, and once started, I continued (sure fallow periods arose, but then I started again and continued).

For many people sitting zazen is a life-long practice. I don't know how long my life will be, but it is my practice.

I am lucky to have a sangha to sit with close to where I live, and lucky to have a forum to visit no matter where I am.

Re: timeposts

Quote Originally Posted by Keishin
    I am lucky to have a sangha to sit with close to where I live, and lucky to have a forum to visit no matter where I am.
    Two Sangha, just one beyond one ...

Many times, just one beyond one ...

Hello Jundo

I have always felt welcome as a guest/visitor here at the Treeleaf Forum.

I don't think of myself as a sangha member of Treeleaf--I don't watch the sit-a-longs, I don't participate in any of the many events or book club etc. I just drop in from time to time to the forum.

All the world's a sangha, true, true. I am still lucky to sit with a sangha close to where I live and I am still lucky to be a guest/visitor of the forum here.

Thank you and Taigu and one and all for your hospitality!

You are always welcome here, Keishin.

Gassho, Jundo