Thread: SPECIAL FRIDAY 'BRIAN-ZENKAI' (at a special time too)!

SPECIAL FRIDAY 'BRIAN-ZENKAI' (at a special time too)!

Hi All,

To mark the visit to Tsukuba Japan of our long time member BrianW, and his daughter ... this week, our regular 90 minute Zazenkai usually on Saturday .... IS TODAY, FRIDAY JULY 9th (at the following times ... also starting an hour earlier than we usually do)

From 9pm Japan time (that is New York 8am, Los Angeles 5am, London 1pm and Paris 2pm, FRIDAY)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8166356

OUR NEW 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: SPECIAL FRIDAY 'BRIAN-ZENKAI' (at a special time too)!

Hi,

Very nice Zazenkai today. I sat in my little cell at my home Abbey (which they reserve for me, when I come to visit here from my own hermitage).

I don't think I'd mind being "dragged" up and down Mount Tsukuba, BUT I hope not all your guests have to do kareoke, because with me it might seem more like Hara-kiri-oke!!! :lol:

Brian have a great trip.

Fassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Brian, have a great trip. Great to see you "virtually."

I look fwd to joining you and Jundo tmw. morning EST as I replay this for my Zazenkai.

Gassho,

Lu

Enjoy your visit and safe travels Brian (and of course your Daughter)!
    Nice to see you on the vid! you did a bang up job

Gassho
    Shohei

Shohei, Kyrillos, and Lu,

Thanks for your kind words.....Due to jet lag I did have a bit of "deer in the headlights" feeling during "Brian-Zenkai". The visit with Jundo and his family was awesome.....Just imagine the best friend or family member you ever stayed with and multiply it by like 1000 and that is how hospitably and helpful Jundo and Mina are! It was a wonderful stay and we enjoyed meeting Leon ....he has a great sense of humor!

Gassho,
    BrianW/Jisen

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW
    Shohei, Kyrillos, and Lu,

Thanks for your kind words.....Due to jet lag I did have a bit of "deer in the headlights" feeling during "Brian-Zenkai". The visit with Jundo and his family was awesome.....Just imagine the best friend or family member you ever stayed with and multiply it by like 1000 and that is how hospitably and helpful Jundo and Mina are! It was a wonderful stay and we enjoyed meeting Leon ....he has a great sense of humor!

Gassho,
    BrianW/Jisen
    Brian is too kind.

Actually, imagine a visit to a relative who drags you up and down a mountain that is about twice as big as you thought is would be, then immediately drags you to Karaoke and insists you sing Johnny Cash songs, then feeds you squid pancakes for dinner, all while filling your ears with endless prattle. Oh, and then has you sit Zazen for a couple of hours on live, recorded international broadcast. All that combined with jet lag.

Anyone else thinking of a visit here: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :twisted:

Jundo,

You whipped us into shape for the rest of our trip! We did not stop for a minute once we left your place. Japan travel can be extremely fast paced and we pretty much wanted to experience as much as could be fit into two weeks. Love Johnny Cash and how many people can say they ate squid pancakes? The true highlight of my trip was doing zazen on Mt. Tsukuba! Yes be warned folks if you visit Jundo you will be very busy, but it will get you up to speed for the rest of the trip.

Gassho,
    Jisen/BrianW