Thread: July 3rd, 2010 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

July 3rd, 2010 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

Dear All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9pm to 1am Japan time Saturday (that is New York 8am to noon, Los Angeles 5am to 9am, London 1pm to 5pm and Paris 2pm to 6pm, SATURDAY) ... and visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'ON DEMAND' at ANY TIME after that, no different from the 'live' sitting . Just click then on the links below:

THE 'REAL TIME, ANY TIME' recorded version is divided into 2 parts as follows (click on the blue links) :

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA IN JAPANESE / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:40 ZAZEN
    01:40 - 01:50 KINHIN

ZAZENKAI PART I LINK:

(Due to recording difficulties, this first half is a re-sit of June. Sitting is sitting though!)
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7456016

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    02:40 - 03:20 ZAZEN
    03:20 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

ZAZENKAI PART 2 LINK:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8049531
    Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chant Book (PDF) at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: July 3rd, 2010 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

I won't be able to join but look forward to replaying Sunday morning.

Gassho,

Lu

Jundo,

Thanks for the sit and for staying with it through the heat...I feel extremely grateful for central A/C right about now.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thankyou Jundo

It was hot here too but nowhere near 90F! Oh and I don't have a cat!!

Gassho Nigel

Okay, I picked up a few hours later this month, since I had some samu to do around the hermitage, and wanted to do that earlier in the dau sincve today is a rather hot one in the Midwest.

Jundo,...thank you, thank you, thank you for that particular Dharma Talk today. I know you said it was a bit rambly, but I really fell into the almost dreamy-like atmosphere it created and palpably felt "Interdepence". Of course you know you were "preaching to the choir" as far as I am concerned about this subject; but the way it carried outward and inward (as my former teacher Bucky Fuller used to say) was very powerful for me.

Gassho, 9 Bows...

Seishin Kyrill