Thread: Treeleaf Chant Book

Treeleaf Chant Book

This Sangha is beautiful. Instead of having multiple paper copies all jumbled up, Jen was kind enough to email me a .pdf compilation of the chants. A colleague at work had it bound nicely for me.

Attached files

Re: Treeleaf Chant Book

I am glad the file printed properly for you and you find it useful! Excellent binding choice

If anyone else would like a copy of the file (formatted and indexed to booklet form), please send me an email or PM with your email address and I'll forward the file!

Gassho,
    Joshin

Hi Jen and Soen
    The chant book looks fantastic. As a newbie some of these chants are unfamiliar and the Japanese version of the Heart Sutra would have been really useful during last Saturday's zazenkai. Is there a way of downloading it from the Treeleaf site?

In gassho Nigel

Hi, Nigel,
    At this time there is no way to DL it, but I can ask Jundo if there is a place I can put the file for everyone to easily access. I trolled old threads to find the links to all the chants Jundo had posted

Until then, I can send you a copy of the file if you like.

Hi Guys,

I am coordinating with Jen right now about getting a link that here.

I am also going to see if there are any small adjustments needed ... for, although the message of the Sutra is beyond time ... translations sometimes require small changes! If so, don't worry, they will probably be minor. Somewhat more extensive changes to the meal chants and such will likely be made before our next annual Retreat.

I promise to have a permanent (as permanent as anything in the life) link up to that here as soon as we can.

Deep Bows of gratitude to Jen for getting this together! Both Jen and the book are beautiful things.

Gassho, Jundo

Thanks, Jundo! Jen responded w/in minutes to my private message, and I'm very grateful. I look forward to throwing my mind and heart into the chants during Zazenkai.

Deep Gassho,

SZ

The chant book is all Jen's work. And excellent work it is too. She was kind enough to share it with me and it is put together beautifully. Well done and deep bows to her.

I think it's a great idea to put it on the site. Well done and full credit to Jen and Jundo.

Gassho,
    Soen

I suggest Dropbox for easy file sharing, if you don't already have a solution worked out.

http://www.dropbox.com/

Hi Guys,

I am going to work on slightly revising the Chant Book this week with Taigu, then Jen said she could make a revised version ... which I will post up.

ALL THINGS ARE CHANGE! NOTHING IS PERMANENT!

This is a great idea! I would be interested in a copy when the link is up! Thanks Jen and Jundo!

Gassho,

Adam

This will be great!

I just noticed the index has 'Meal Verses' but I didn't see anything where the other chants are. I suspect that it's because we don't eat during Zazenkai. lol

IN any case, are the meal verses located in treeleaf anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril
    I just noticed the index has 'Meal Verses' but I didn't see anything where the other chants are. I suspect that it's because we don't eat during Zazenkai. lol

IN any case, are the meal verses located in treeleaf anywhere?
    Hi.

The mealchant we use at the teaparty is here...
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2385&p=33865&hilit=mealchant#p 33865

And the teaparty thread is here...
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2540

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Thank you!

Hi,

We have a version of Oryoki (Meal Ritual) for our annual Retreat. The new Chant Book (now being worked on) will also have the Meal Verses we recite then, with small changes in some wording.

Gassho, J

Just a note for anyone who is using the current chantbook incarnation, it has the oryoki meal chants in it from the retreat guide.

Hi,

Any further movement on this?

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillos
    Hi,

Any further movement on this?

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill
    Still being revised, with the goalless goal to be ready by upcoming Rohatsu Retreat.