Hi,

The weekly regular 'Live from Treeleaf' Saturday Zazenkai will now be EXPANDED TO 90 MINUTES! That's on the second to last Saturday of each month.

viewforum.php?f=11

(but note, however, that the "4-hour" Zazenkai held the 1st Saturday of each month will remain the same = 4 hours)

OUR NEW 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT
As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Note the we are now doing two 30 minute sittings, in place of one 40 minute sitting as before. My reason is so that I can provide a sitting time and experience more closely resembling a weekly sitting in a "bricks and mortar" Zen group.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT, in the near future, it is possible that the day and time will change from Saturday. I am attempting to attract more Japanese Zazen folks to sit with us in Tsukuba, and the time is an issue. Of course, if the time is changed, the recorded versions will always be there. I do not know yet if or when the day and time might change.

I hope that will be acceptable to all.

For now, our 90 minute netcast is LIVE from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, on the 2nd to the last SATURDAY of each month) ...
... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

As always, FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

Gassho, Jundo