Thread: June 12th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

June 12th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW --90-- MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE!!

Also, as I expect some Japanese sitters today sitting with us in Tsukuba, the Heart Sutra and some other portions may be in Japanese

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7609513

OUR NEW 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: June 12th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai (NOW 90 MINUTES!)

Looking forward to it!

Hi Jundo and all

Just to ask if there is a setting on Ustream that enables you to be visible. I just had a browse and can't see anything?
    Any pointers?

Gassho
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel99
    Hi Jundo and all

Just to ask if there is a setting on Ustream that enables you to be visible. I just had a browse and can't see anything?
    Any pointers?

Gassho
    Nigel
    Follow the link that is here ...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

(same link found in the top post above)

However, we do not begin netcasting until just before the sitting starts ... maybe 10 minutes before, depending on how the computer is acting that day! Starting times are listed in the top post too.

Oh, and if there is any problem then (you can test by looking at some other ustream.tv channels), it is likely that your version of FLASH is not updated ... Update here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html

I am very please to report that some folks from the local Japanese Zazen club here in Tsukuba will be sitting with us tonight. For that reason, the Heart Sutra will be chanted in Japanese.

Gassho, J

Many thanks for the tips.
    Look forward to the sitting.

Gassho Nigel

It was very nice to see some extra folks along with Jundo in the Zendo, and so many on line too.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

It was a such a treat to have the 3 folks from Tsukuba with us in Zazenkai, even more so realizing how late it was for them.

Gassho,

SZ

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel99
    Hi Jundo and all

Any pointers?

Gassho
    Nigel
    nigel -- greetings -- just wondering if you mean you can't see jundo, or you can't see yourself? -- i don't think there's a way on ustream to do other than watch jundo, i.e., zen tv -- the zazenkai's used to be simultaneously broadcast on mebeam, in the zen hall, and then there would be a series of little screens, each with a person sitting, live, assuming they had a webcam -- one of the screens would be jundo

gassho, roky

Many bows to those sitting in Tsukuba and around the world...sometimes I take for granted how cool that really is....Gassho.

And even more gasshos! Really enjoyed sitting with everyone. Very lost in thought in the beginning (but I guess not, since I noticed?) and I had some issues with connection so I lit a stick of incense as a timer. Normally I would have spent forever fiddling. Let go and let it be just as it is. Thanks all.

Gassho
    Taylor

Thank you.-Andrea

My first time sitting zazenkai. It was a great experience. I look forward to doing it again.

Gassho,
    Dave

Very nice Zazenkai, it was very nice to see visitors in the zendo & on USTREAM!

I like the 90 minute format, my knees balk at 40 minute sits right now so this was refreshing!