Hello everyone,

I'm back again with another question. I've read many zen books and have heard some talks on youtube and other sources about finding a teacher. I really enjoy Treeleaf and believe that I've learned more since I've been here than the entire time I've been interested in Buddhism, and furthermore, zen. I can't help but wonder why so much stress it put on finding a teacher in person. I feel that Jundo & Taigu are my teachers, and that Treeleaf is my sangha, so why do I need to find somewhere to go in person? I've done some research, to try and find Soto Zen monasteries in my area, but the closest one is about 60 miles away. With a family and other responsibilities in my life, that's just not possible for me. There are zen meeting groups in my city, but they are more of a pure land tradition; not soto. Am I being thickheaded on this subject, or is this a valid concern. Some have said that it will be impossible to form a useful practice without meeting face-to-face with a teacher. I believe that if I am happy, that's all that matters. I sit each day with all of you and I feel that that is as good as sitting 60 miles away.

Gassho,

Adam