Thread: May 29th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

May 29th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi,

IT'S OUR FIRST HEART SUTRA GOSPEL REVIVAL!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 1-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7301149

Our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen for approximately 40 minutes, 5 minutes of Kinhin, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: May 29th, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Looking forward to it!

Started a little late today. Hope I wasn't too noisy coming in.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Thank you Jundo! I was only able to pop in and out, but will watch the complete version (or an older one) later.

Thanks everyone! And, no Seishin, never too loud, especially after the choir had been singing!

Gassho,
    Dosho

That what an attempt at our first 'Gospel Heart Sutra' ...

I am thinking that, sometime soon, we will need to organize a "Treeleaf 'All Online' Buddhist-Gospel Choir"

I'm serious!

I just did my first Saturday Zazenkai with you all, admittedly a few hours late (I had to see to my daughter for a bit before her and my wife went out for the morning, giving me opportunity to sit in silence). I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the "Gospel Heart Sutra." Awesome and thank you Jundo for putting all this together, so far in my first few days with you guys, I am really digging what you have got going on here. This online Sangha should help me out quite a bit over the next 9 months or so while I am traveling abroad for work. Thanks again!

Sorry I am late in replying.. but I left for work immediately after zazenkai...

ok Jundo, this was FUN!!.. I cant tell you how many times you lost me in the Heart Sutra.. but it was FUN!!! (and set a nice to my to my day) :lol:

Had to do mine an hour early! volunteer work

Anyways, sitting for 50 minutes, chanting for 10. I'm not sure if it's exactly how you guys did it but hey, intention right? I'll have to watch for this gospel business 8)

Glad to have sat a Zazenki even if it wasn't live. Still felt a connection that others would be doing the same. I'll try for live next weekend!

Gassho
    Taylor

Wow!
    clapping,singing and swinging, thank-you that was "lively" , the Heart flowing from the heart! My tongue twisted over some syllables but it was amazing! I shall be humming away all day which I think will help me as I'm struggling to learn the Sutra by heart.
    Reality is truely boundless,

thank-you again,

gassho,

Sylvie

Just sat the Zazenkai (better late than never)! I couldn't see your feet Jundo, but I'd swear you were moonwalking during the Heart Sutra.
    Soen