Thread: April 17, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

April 17, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 1-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6245360

Our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen for approximately 40 minutes, 5 minutes of Kinhin, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: April 17, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Great morning for Zazen! Thanks to all.

Thanks Jundo.

Gassho,

Kyrill Seishin

See you all tonight!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi all
    I came and sat yesterday. I could see the ustream feed, but on this site the hall didn't show me any of the other sitters. I thought plugging our cams in would result in being able to see other faces? I can't see the point in attaching the cam if we can't see who else is sitting with us. So either I was set up wrong and need some tech help, or if not, we need a lattice screen to show all cams together or alternatively a single frame that scrolls through all of us one at a time. Just a thought...
    Anyway its nice to know there were others apart from J and me, even in retrospect! lol
    All the best
    Rich

Hiya
    Just finished up. Thank you for the pet dedication

Hiya Rich -I think most folks either sit with the live and drop a hello in the chat area on ustream or like me sit "live" with the recorded. Ustream is just for Jundo-live... However setting up the cam and using the Zen hall here is a neat idea, we have do it for Jukai and cermonies etc. but sometimes it can prove to be more of a distraction than a help for something like this 1hour sit(technical glitches like a constant dropping connection and reconnect or the like, though we sit with those too... sometimes the tech gets to be too much).

Besides, we are always sitting with someone whether we see them or not, alive or not, past present and future right ?
    That said, if you feel it would be helpful to you and others then posting in these threads that you will be sitting on camera in the Zen hall would prompt more folks to do the same. Ill give it a go next weekend (and invite anyone else who can to do the same!) but from doing so in the past, I end up getting dropped part way through and usually do not reconnect (low bandwidth coupled with a smaller usage limit and severe latency)

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi.

Rich, just to further a bit in shohei's post.
    If you sit live, some of us, me included try and write down an hi, when sitting live.
    Just to say hi to all others, and let people know who they're sitting live with.
    Never got the hang on whether Jundo sees them from his side though... :roll:

Mtfbwy
    Fugen