Thread: March 6, 2010 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

March 6, 2010 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

Dear All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MARCH MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9pm to 1am Japan time Saturday (that is New York 7am to 11am, Los Angeles 4am to 8am, London noon to 4pm and Paris 1pm to 5pm, SATURDAY) ... and visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'ON DEMAND' at ANY TIME after that, no different from the 'live' sitting . Just click then on the links below:

THE 'REAL TIME, ANY TIME' recorded version is divided into 2 parts as follows (click on the blue links) :

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA IN JAPANESE / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:40 ZAZEN
    01:40 - 01:50 KINHIN

ZAZENKAI PART I LINK

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5228395

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    02:40 - 03:20 ZAZEN
    03:20 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

ZAZENKAI PART 2 LINK

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5229855
    Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in Japanese this time (I will post that below) and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows' (maybe in both languages). Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chant Book (PDF) at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: March 6, 2010 - OUR (VERY SPECIAL) MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI

We will be chanting the HEART SUTRA in Japanese this time (each of the following 'words' gets on beat):

Maka Hannya Haramita Shin Gyo*
    (The Heart of the Great Perfection of Wisdom Sutra in JAPANESE)

Kan Ji Zai Bo Satsu Gyo Jin Han Nya Ha Ra Mi Ta Ji Sho Ken* Go On Kai Ku Do I Sai Ku Yaku Sha Ri Shi Shiki Fu I Ku Ku Fu I Shiki Shiki Soku Ze Ku Ku Soku Ze Shiki Ju So Gyo Shiki Yaku Bu Nyo Ze Sha Ri Shi Ze Sho Ho Ku So Fu Sho Fu Metsu Fu Ku Fu Jo Fu Zo Fu Gen Ze Ko Ku Chu Mu Shiki Mu Ju So Gyo Shiki Mu Gen Ni Bi Ze Shin Ni Mu Shiki Sho Ko Mi Soku Ho Mu Gen Kai Nai Shi Mu I Shiki Kai Mu Mu Myo Yaku Mu Mu Myo Jin Nai Shi Mu Ro Shi Yaku Mu Ro Shi Jin Mu Ku Shu Metsu Do Mu Chi Yaku Mu Toku I Mu Sho Tok ko Bo Dai Sat Ta E Han-Nya Ha Ra Mi Ta* Ko Shin Mu Kei Ge Mu Kei Ge Ko Mu U Ku Fu On Ri Is Sai Ten Do Mu So Ku Gyo Ne Han San Ze Sho Butsu E Han Nya Ha Ra Mi Ta* Ko Toku A Noku Ta Ra San Myaku San Bo Dai Ko Chi Han-Nya Ha Ra Mi Ta Ze Dai Jin Shu Ze Dai Myo Shu Ze Mu Jo Shu Ze Mu To To Shu No Jo Is Sai Ku Shin Jitsu Fu Ko Ko Setsu Han Nya Ha Ra Mi Ta Shu Soku Setsu Shu Watsu Gya* Tei Gya Tei Ha Ra Gya Tei Hara* So Gya Tei Bo Ji Sowa Ka Han Nya Shin Gyo

What a good news!
    Can't wait to "be" there :lol: .

Gassho,
    Luis/Jinyu

Thank you Luis (and Shohei too)

See you then folks!

Hope to make it too.

Gassho,

Kyrill/Seishin

Hello all,

Wonderful news Jundo! I would like to try to sit live...but I'm not sure if I can - as my back is recovering. If I can't be there live, I will still be there :wink:

Hope to be with you all tomorrow,

_/_

Kelly-Jinmei

My alarm is already set!