Thread: January 23, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

January 23, 2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 1-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 10pm Japan time (that is New York 8am, Los Angeles 5am, London 1pm and Paris 2pm, SATURDAY) ...
    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3855182

Our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen for approximately 40 minutes, 5 minutes of Kinhin, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

NOTE: Links to all Saturday Zazenkai will be posted in this Forum from now on, not on the Shambhala Sun blog, for scheduling reasons.

Re: 1-23-2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Hi Jundo,
    Maybe I'm the only one with a problem but I can't find this week's zazenkai .
    Is it normal? If other folks have no problem... than I'm sorry for this... :mrgreen:

Gassho,
    Luis/Jinyu

Re: 1-23-2010 Saturday Zazenkai

Quote Originally Posted by Luis
    Hi Jundo,
    Maybe I'm the only one with a problem but I can't find this week's zazenkai .
    Is it normal? If other folks have no problem... than I'm sorry for this... :mrgreen:

Gassho,
    Luis/Jinyu
    Due to scheduling issues at Shambhala Sun on Saturdays not worth explaining, I will not be posting the Saturday sittings each week here, in their own section of the Forum ...

viewforum.php?f=11

So, you will find notice here and the links (both to the live and "real time" recording each week) right here in the Forum.

This week, there was a technical problem with an uncooperative internet and no netcast ... the Techno Koan we work with here. So, the recorded sitting had to be a "re-sit" from a few weeks ago.

Hope to see you this Saturday! The 4-hour Zazenkai will be the week following, (February 6, the first Saturday of the month)

Oh, and before I forget ... I am told by the Shambhala Sun folks that we have our own RSS feed now. So, I will post about that shortly.

http://www.shambhalasun.com/sunspace/?f ... author=101

Gassho, Jundo