Thread: HAPPY JUKAI!!!!

HAPPY JUKAI!!!!

Still getting ready, but wanted to give well wishings for all of us taking the precepts in an hour and a half.

Dave_/_

Myoshin

Re: HAPPY JUKAI!!!!

Thanks! Same to you!

Gassho,
    Kyle

Hi.

May the force be with you.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Thanks to Jundo and Taigu for everything they do, and thanks to everyone !!!

Gassho,
    Luis / Jinyu

congratulations to everyone who have taken Jukai. may you be happy and keep the precepts as well as you can.
    and know that even if you fall of the horse you can just get on it ( everyone falls off sometimes ).

Gassho, Dojin.

Thanks Jundo and Taigu!! And thanks to you to for being the voice of us all , Dojin!!

Shonin _/_

Felicitations and compliments to all of you Dharma sisters and brothers.
    A humble sincere and deep bow to each one of you.

Gassho,
    Jintai

Thank you so much Jundo and Taigu! It was a was a moving such a moving ceremony! My webcam kept booting me out the the Zen Hall, but just went with it. Congratulation to all who participated!

Deep Gassho,
    Jisen

I am so pleased to have been in this Jukai Class and to be part of this Sangha. Congratulations to all who participated. Now we begin....

Gassho,

Kyrill Seishin

May I ask a small favor of the Jukai-ees?

Might you post your brief comment or impression of the experience over at the Shambhala blog? It might help some people who are unfamiliar with what it was about understand a bit more. Just a few brief words would be nice.

http://www.shambhalasun.com/sunspace/?p=14307

Thank you, and that you again to everyone for being there today ... and everyday. Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    Thanks Jundo and Taigu!! And thanks to you to for being the voice of us all , Dojin!!

Shonin _/_

you are more than welcome.

i was happy to do it.

Gassho, Dojin.

Yes, Dojin, thank you for speaking for us all!

Jundo - done and done.

Thanks again to Jundo, Taigu, Treeleaf Sangha, everyone for sharing this beautiful experience.

Gassho, Jikyo

even though i was the one speaking. we all spoke even though no words are necessary to express that which is beyond words.

Gassho, D.

Although I was not a participant, I watched later online. I was very impressed by a number of things:
    1) the flexibility demonstrated with calmness when sound difficulties presented its ugly head
    2) the fact that one person (Dojin), caught "by circumstance" was ready and willing to stand up and be the voice of of those who could not speak
    3) the fact that Jundo turned into a juggler with multiple cameras and laptops - I wonder: can this be done next year on a unicycle?

-Jim

Yugen

Congratulations to you all and welcome to the journey!

I am just as moved sharing your experience today as I was in participating in our first Jukai!

Jundo and Taigu, Thank you for everything and thank you for bringing this community together.

Gassho,
    Alex (Yugen)

LOL I'm all about the unicycle.

Shonin _/_

Hello all,

Beautiful ceremony Jundo and Taigu - thank you for all your efforts! Although I received the precepts last year, I chose to do so again this year and was with you all today. It was wonderful to share this experience again with all of you.

Gassho,
    Kelly - Jinmei

Thank you Jundo and Taigu for giving us all the opportunity to participate in this celebration.
    Thank you Dojin for being the "Voice" we all had issues with.
    Thank you Treeleaf Sangha for being our extended family and so much more!

the world is all encompassing and beautiful...

Hi
    Thanks to all well wishers and congratulations to all Jukai participants. Thanks Jundo for helping to usher Buddhism into the 21st century with current computer technology. Without computers I'm sure a lot of us would never have been able to participate in Jukai.
    Gassho Shogen

Congratulations to all, was not able to be there and I am still abroad, hoping to join you soon in jukai ,

Gassho

Joris

Quote Originally Posted by Govert

Congratulations to all, was not able to be there and I am still abroad, hoping to join you soon in jukai ,

Gassho

Joris
    You were there, Govert. Just not yet. 8)

Gassho, J

Hi Jundo,

Can you post a list of the dharma names (and their meanings) from the Jukai ceremony? You read it out during the ceremony.

gassho,

JohnH

Quote Originally Posted by jrh001
    Hi Jundo,

Can you post a list of the dharma names (and their meanings) from the Jukai ceremony? You read it out during the ceremony.

gassho,

JohnH
    Hi John,

I wrote to each of the people involved, and will leave it to anyone who wants to use their name or disclose the meaning. Sometimes there is a little humor or private matter involved in picking a name, so I do not want to say which name goes with whom.

Gassho, Jundo

Am curious who all attended, camera or not. Some folks on cam I recognized, others I didn't. But it was mentioned there were still others who didn't have cams.

Shonin _/_

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    Am curious who all attended, camera or not. Some folks on cam I recognized, others I didn't. But it was mentioned there were still others who didn't have cams.
    I was on web-cam much of the time....my web cam kept crashing however. In the Ustream window I couldn't talk before the Jukai as I forgot my password...saw a lot of people communicating before the ceremony and wanted to join in ....oh well it was still a wonderful experience!

Gassho,
    Jisen

I didn't catch the ceremony live, partly because I didn't want to add to any overload of the system, but also because I had two very demanding children vying for attention.

Hiyas
    I peeped live but no camera -figured that would before the Jukaiees. i did pop in there sans cam before things got underway.
    definitely understand Dosho, I had the littlest on with me at first but he was well on his way to zzz.

Gassho
    Shohei

Hello all,

I was there at the live ceremony and on camera (white shirt). But I felt really guilty afterwards - like I was intruding on all the Jukai participants of this year. My intent was not to intrude but to welcome all new participants and be 'there' with you all. Hopefully it wasn't deemed anything but that. It was profoundly beautiful and heartwarming.

Gassho,

Kelly -Jinmei

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRok
    Hello all,

I was there at the live ceremony and on camera (white shirt). But I felt really guilty afterwards - like I was intruding on all the Jukai participants of this year. My intent was not to intrude but to welcome all new participants and be 'there' with you all. Hopefully it wasn't deemed anything but that. It was profoundly beautiful and heartwarming.

Gassho,

Kelly -Jinmei
    Glad to have you. We had plenty of seats for everybody!

Anyway, anyone who already undertook Jukai can "retake" any number of times. Nothing more needed than to join the ceremony again.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi.

Jinmei, you we're not the only one.
    I was there too, the guy in the suit, and you're always here.
    Nothing to feel guilty about.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

I got on board about an half hour before the ceremony began and got settled in, watched various folks setting up. I was wearing a dark blue samue, there was a lamp on over my left shoulder. I think I saw you, Fugen (dark suit, white shirt and dark tie?). At the time for Jukai to begin, I started to see a lot of folks waving their arms as though someone asked them to, but I had heard nothing. Then I saw some folks stand up, so I thought it had started. I dropped the screen down and went to the forum and found the link for the Ustream and got on that as Jundo was explaining about Jukai. When I went back to the other screen, I had disappeared and I could not regain a link, so I simply went back to the Ustream and sat with it throughout. Someday I'll learn how to be in two places at once!!!!

Kyrill Seishin

Hello all,

Jundo and Fugen - thank you both! It was nice to see those that I could, while also feeling the presence of those unseen.

Kyrill Sieshin - I saw you in the beginning and wondered what happened, it was wonderful to have that connection with you, seen or unseen.

Many bow to all,
    Kelly - Jinmei

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRok
    Hello all,

Gassho,

Kelly -Jinmei
    Hey Kelly. to be honest i too felt a bit out of place at the beginning of the Jukai since i have taken it last year ( funny i ended up being the voice of the people so to speak ). specially since during the time we had to study for the jukai i didnt participate in the discussions. i did have time to work out some issues with myself and have been discussing them with jundo on skype. to be honest i came to the conclusion i would like to renew my jukai commitment each and every year if possible... since it is a never ending process and it is something that requires work constantly i kinda like the idea of retaking the vows to remind myself of the path i have chosen and to examine each and every time if how my understanding and practice has changed ( yet remained the same ).

so i think that it has meaning and a personal sense even the second or each time we take it.

Gassho, Dojin ( the silent one who spoke ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dojin
    i came to the conclusion i would like to renew my jukai commitment each and every year if possible... since it is a never ending process and it is something that requires work constantly i kinda like the idea of retaking the vows to remind myself of the path i have chosen and to examine each and every time if how my understanding and practice has changed ( yet remained the same ).

so i think that it has meaning and a personal sense even the second or each time we take it.

Gassho, Dojin ( the silent one who spoke ).
    Yes, thank you for being the voice of everyone.

We renew (and perhaps transgress) the Precepts moment by moment by moment. The ceremony merely reminds us of that fact.

Gassho, Jundo

Myoshin

Hey all!

First off, I know it is a little late, but I throughly enjoyed Jukai! It was really cool to see everything come together and to see the improv talents of our sangha.

Sadly my web cam decided to take a little dump on me a day before Jukai but I was there with you all the whole way!

I did not receive the lineage chart nor my name (what is in a name anyway?) yet and now I am back up at school so I will not get it until I go back home for spring break. But I am excited to see both.

I just want to say thanks again, and I am sure I will be joining again for the precept study next year as well.

Well back to the grindstone.

Gassho,
    Kyle