Thread: ALL RETREAT PARTICIPANTS: POINTERS DOWNLOAD Here!!

ALL RETREAT PARTICIPANTS: POINTERS DOWNLOAD Here!!

Hi,

All folks who will be sitting the 2-Day Retreat this weekend should download and review the following booklet of "Pointers" (9 Pages, PDF):

http://sites.google.com/site/jundotreel ... ects=0&d=1

Even if you are not participating in the Retreat, it might be worthwhile to read if you have the time.

ALSO, I will have the (slightly modified) CHANT BOOK ready for download tomorrow (please look for that)

I HAVE DECIDED TO SUSPEND THE JUKAI PRECEPTS "BOOK CLUB" READING UNTIL AFTER THE RETREAT

Also, SECOND CALL FOR RAKUSU PANEL ADDRESSES (please email me at jundotreeleaf[a]gmail.com if you have not done so already)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2105

Gassho, Jundo

Re: ALL RETREAT PARTICIPANTS: Pointers Download Here!!

The link worked fine
    Thank you for your efforts!

Gassho
    Shohei

Re: ALL RETREAT PARTICIPANTS: Pointers Download Here!!

Thanks Jundo! I'd say you do too much, but as the beneficiary of you good works I very much appreciate all of it.

Re: ALL RETREAT PARTICIPANTS: POINTERS DOWNLOAD Here!!

Hello Treeleafers,

Hopefully I will retreat with you are the weekend, fingers crossed.
    Another thanks you for all of your hard work too Jundo. It is very much appreciated and is a wonderful experience for us all to share from all over the small world.

gassho

undo

This may be covered in material i haven't gotten to yet. But what if one needs to use a chair during the retreat? Would like to sit as much on the zafu as I can, but all in all I can't sit for too long during the two days without severely hurting myself for the following week. So what formalities should be taken if I need to switch back and forth?

I'm going to try to get stretched out very well over the next few days. But even between the chair and the zafu i'm worried i'll hit a point where my tailbone doesn't like either one of them. Pushing through pain is one thing, but my physical issues at some point will probably prevail. I don't mind going longer than normal and experiencing extra discomfort due to the nature of a retreat. But i'll probably stay loaded on pain relievers most of the time.

That being said, I do have the weekend ( and fri/mon ta boot) all requested off to be there for the retreat.

Dave _/_

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    This may be covered in material i haven't gotten to yet. But what if one needs to use a chair during the retreat? Would like to sit as much on the zafu as I can, but all in all I can't sit for too long during the two days without severely hurting myself for the following week. So what formalities should be taken if I need to switch back and forth?

I'm going to try to get stretched out very well over the next few days. But even between the chair and the zafu i'm worried i'll hit a point where my tailbone doesn't like either one of them. Pushing through pain is one thing, but my physical issues at some point will probably prevail. I don't mind going longer than normal and experiencing extra discomfort due to the nature of a retreat. But i'll probably stay loaded on pain relievers most of the time.

That being said, I do have the weekend ( and fri/mon ta boot) all requested off to be there for the retreat.

Dave _/_
    Hi Dave,

Two days of solid sitting is tough, no question. Sit on a chair if you need or, better, switch back and forth. You can even recline on the floor if needed (although generally not so good, because very easy to fall asleep). HOWEVER, I really recommend you DO KINHIN for long periods, whenever you feel you need. No problem with lots of Kinhin ... better than a chair, perhaps, if you are not used to chair sitting.

Even chair sitting, try not to recline on the back of the chair, and keep the back straight if possible.

So, I would suggest lots of Kinhin as the first alternative if you need to get off the Zafu.

See this old posting on when to move, when not to move. NEVER do anything to the extent of harm to body.

viewtopic.php?p=10701#p10701

Gassho, Jundo

Cool cool, thanks for the info Jundo.

_/_