Thread: November Zazenkai: THIS SATURDAY! (11/7)

November Zazenkai: THIS SATURDAY! (11/7)

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that the monthly 4 hour Zazenkai for November is scheduled for this Saturday at 9pm Japan local time. Here is the general information link provided by Jundo: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=668

You should be able to find the time for your zone using the link above, but if you have any trouble (as I often do) please PM me and I'll help you figure it out.

Also, here's a link to the chant book:

http://jundotreeleaf.googlepages.com/TR ... ETREAT.doc

Hope to see some of you there!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Re: November Zazenkai: THIS SATURDAY! (11/7)

Remember daylight saving time this week in Europe and North America -- does not -- apply to Japan. So, the retreat will probably start for most folks an hour earlier than during the summer. I believe the starting times now will be ...

Saturday, from 9pm to 1am Japan time (that is New York 7am to 11am, Los Angeles 4am to 8am, London noon to 4pm and Paris 1pm to 5pm, Saturday)

(as I am time zone-zoned out ... please let me know if any of the above calculations are off)

Now, it is perfectly fine to sit with the recorded version ... same as the live version ... and that is why the recordings are there. No extra brownie points for California folks who get up at 3:45 am to sit live, so long as the sitting gets sat.

Time is a state of mind ...

Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Saturday, from 9pm to 1am Japan time
    I'm very happy to hear you'll be starting at 9pm.

Greetings from Hiroshima (just arrived).

Scott

So am I correct in that the time for the Us Central Time Zone would be 6:00 AM to 10:00AM Saturday morning?

gassho,

Denis

PS. Also Dosho, the link os showing as a 404 error. [FIXED]

Hi Denis,

It appears Jundo fixed the chant book link and I just fixed the other one. And, yes, my understanding is that for the Central TZ here in the States the time would be 6am to 10am.

Gassho,
    Dosho

THAT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

I rose early at 5:15 AM to take care of some morning chores ( dog walikng and face washing) before I moved to set up my space for Zazenkai. I had thought out a space the night before, but didn't check the extension cord outlet until this morning, when I discovered that there was no hole for the three prong plug. Scrap that plan...and move to the office. I moved out the chair and dropped mu zabuton and zafu on the floor in front of the PC on the desk and signed on about 10 seconds before Jundo started the Heart of Great Perfection of Wisdom Sutra.

A short lesson in Impermanence for me this morning and a wonderful experience to participate "live" in the Zazenkai. Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,

Denis