Thread: The wrong

The wrong

Well, I wasn't gonna post today but...

I think this is an important point: There is nothing wrong. When will I change? When will I even out? When will it come together? How can I be more centered? How can I get that calmness?

There is nothing wrong. You are you. That's a point. This is tired me after working for so and so hours. This is it. Where it all goes astray is in thinking there's something wrong. Absolutely not. You'll learn that if you haven't already. You'll never be perfect, and that's the great thing. You will just be this. Here. Whatever this is. Forget about the fancy talk, and just get up and keep getting up (or something).

Clarity arises from confusion. Without confusion there is no clarity. Sounds pretty Yoda like. It Just means we can see when we're grouchy and when we're not. A little more then before at least. It also means that clarity is perfectly clarity and confusion is perfectly confusion. Drop confusion and clarity all together and what do you get? Some guy, sitting somewhere, doing some thing.

Is it a flip? Is it sitting within sitting? Is it sitting with bodymind? Is it sitting dropped through bodymind? Is it sitting at all? Is it nothing? and ten thousand on.

_/_

W

Re: The wrong

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Well, I wasn't gonna post today but...

I think this is an important point: There is nothing wrong. When will I change? When will I even out? When will it come together? How can I be more centered? How can I get that calmness?

There is nothing wrong. You are you. That's a point. This is tired me after working for so and so hours. This is it. Where it all goes astray is in thinking there's something wrong. Absolutely not. You'll learn that if you haven't already. You'll never be perfect, and that's the great thing. You will just be this. Here. Whatever this is. Forget about the fancy talk, and just get up and keep getting up (or something).

Clarity arises from confusion. Without confusion there is no clarity. Sounds pretty Yoda like. It Just means we can see when we're grouchy and when we're not. A little more then before at least. It also means that clarity is perfectly clarity and confusion is perfectly confusion. Drop confusion and clarity all together and what do you get? Some guy, sitting somewhere, doing some thing.

Is it a flip? Is it sitting within sitting? Is it sitting with bodymind? Is it sitting dropped through bodymind? Is it sitting at all? Is it nothing? and ten thousand on.

_/_

W
    Good one, Will.

So, let's keep trying! Morning to night to morning to night ...

Hey Will,

"Nothing wrong" huh? I am always trying to fix myself, seems like a monumental task. Interesting point -- I find that things are "best" when I stop trying to do anything, lol.

I liked this post a lot, glad to see you are still hanging around asking good questions and sharing your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    "Nothing wrong" huh? I am always trying to fix myself, seems like a monumental task.
    Yes, and (as you know) there's nothing wrong with that either :-). Emptiness has no agenda.

Scott

Thanks, Will.

Nice reminder . . . nothing to fix . . . no one to fix it . . .

Gassho,
    Eika

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    Interesting point -- I find that things are "best" when I stop trying to do anything, lol.
    When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad. Being and non-being create each other.
    Difficult and easy support each other.
    Long and short define each other.
    High and low depend on each other.
    Before and after follow each other. Therefore the Master
    acts without doing anything
    and teaches without saying anything.
    Things arise and she lets them come;
    things disappear and she lets them go.
    She has but doesn't possess,
    acts but doesn't expect.
    When her work is done, she forgets it.
    That is why it lasts forever.

Tao Te Ching, Ch2. [Mitchell translation]

Quote Originally Posted by Eika
    Thanks, Will.

Gassho,
    Eika
    ... and thus we keep daily cleaning and polishing and repainting and fixing, ... while knowing that all is just fine as it is.

Even the finest concert pianist must keep practicing her scales .... Is that not right, music professor Eika?

oh brother, do i need to practice my scales, getting rusty on the old fiddle, perhaps sticking to guitar will be less painful for the local population

Quote Originally Posted by will
    It also means that clarity is perfectly clarity and confusion is perfectly confusion
    Thank you Will !

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Quote Originally Posted by Eika
    Thanks, Will.

Gassho,
    Eika
    ... and thus we keep daily cleaning and polishing and repainting and fixing, ... while knowing that all is just fine as it is.

Even the finest concert pianist must keep practicing her scales .... Is that not right, music professor Eika?
    Absolutely, Jundo.

One of my jazz profs used to say:
    "If you miss one day of practice, no one notices.
    If you miss two days of practice, you notice.
    If you miss three days of practice, your friends notice.
    If you miss four days of practice, everyone notices."

Nothing to fix, but we practice everyday anyway.

Peace and gassho,
    Eika