Thread: Zazenkai on SUNDAY! / Jukai Forum is Open!

Zazenkai on SUNDAY! / Jukai Forum is Open!

Hello,

I am very pleased to announce that OUR JUKAI FORUM IS NOW OPEN! .... needlers, ready ... set ... sew!

viewforum.php?f=7&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0

First an announcement ...

OUR WEEKLY ZAZENKAI THIS WEEK WILL BE A DAY LATER, SUNDAY INSTEAD OF SATURDAY (10 p.m. Japan time, which is currently New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm SUNDAY), AS WE WILL BE WELCOMING REV. TAIGU WHO WILL LEAD A SPECIAL 2-HOUR ZAZENKAI TO MARK THE FORMAL START OF OUR JUKAI PREPARATIONS

Specifically, I would like to ask you to look at the Jukai general introduction thread I posted today ...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1969

Rev. Taigu's sewing thread ...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1968

And our first Precepts study and discussion ...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1970

THE PRECEPTS STUDY DISCUSSION IS OPEN TO ALL TREELEAF SANGHA FOLKS, NOT ONLY THOSE WHO WILL TAKE JUKAI THIS TIME. I HOPE, AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGE, EVERYBODY TO JOIN IN. IN FACT, ESPECIALLY FOR FOLKS WHO WILL TAKE JUKAI, --ACTIVE-- PARTICIPATION IN THE DISCUSSION IS ALMOST REQUIRED (assuming your heart offers something to say). PLEASE JOIN IN AS YOU CAN, AND TRY TO REALLY MAKE THE DISCUSSION ALIVE! PLEASE DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO BE OF FEW WORDS THERE (or obligated to say something, for that matter, when you don't feel like it).

I am considering whether I should put the "Shobogenzo-Zuimonki" discussion in the bookclub on hiatus and only concentrate on the Precepts study ... any opinions welcome ...

I wish you all a JOLLY JUKAI!

Gassho, Jundo (and Taigu)

Re: Zazenkai on SUNDAY! / Jukai Forum is Open!

Hi.

I would like if you didn't put it on hiatus, as it is a good read/contemplation, but it might be good to just concentrate on the precepts for those taking the jukai for the first time...

Maybe an option for them to only concentrate on that and for the others to still have the option of reading the zuimonki...

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Quote Originally Posted by Fugen
    ... might be good to just concentrate on the precepts for those taking the jukai for the first time...

Maybe an option for them to only concentrate on that and for the others to still have the option of reading the zuimonki...
    Could be helpfull!

Luis

I plan on participating in the precept study again this year which will be my focus of study in the coming months. While Treeleaf folks are free to pick and chose from the wealth of material Jundo offers, I worry about Jundo. I think it would be wise to put on hold the study of Shobogenzo-Zuimonki during this Precept study period to give Jundo some breathing room. Remember he is offering daily teachings, communicating directly with Sangha members on practice and personal issues, coordinating the Ango practice, as well as the study preparing for Jukai. And…… he is a husband, father, and translator somewhere in between. It’s up to Jundo, but I do worry that there is just so much one person can do.

Just a thought

Jim

Hi Guys,

Taigu just called to say that he is sick and cannot make the train trip to visit this weekend. Let's send our good thoughts his way. He promised to come soon.

That also means that the Retreat tonight will be with the emergency relief pitcher, the back-up guy .... me.

Life is that thing that happens while you are busy making other plans. (John Lennon quote) 8)

Gassho, Jundo

Sorry to hear that Jundo, but I guess we'll make do with the backup guy. Hope you feel better Sensei!

Good to sit with you all. I had to get up and step out because the pup woke up which = insta pee. I ended up doing 1hour of really fast kinhin outside with her so i missed the tail end of things (pun intended ). I ll finish up before supper tonight.
    Many thanks for standing in Jundo, Seems like you may have done this before Hope you feel better soon, Taigu.

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi everyone,

Good to sit with you all.

Jundo - the emergency relief pitcher was most satisfactory . Thank you for a lovely Jukai kick-off talk.

Taigu - get well soon.

Shohei - we are lucky our pooches are older, so they just slept (snored) through the whole thing.

Gassho, Jean

Good sit today. My right foot was fast asleep before the first kinhin, but awoke quickly. Whew!

Thank you for leading Jundo.
    Nice inclusion of Taigu in the Metta practice (in all his ills).

I sat today with the recorded version.
    Thanks to jundo for everything!
    I hope Taigu will be better soon!

Gassho to all of you,

Luis

Just finished watching the Zazenkai video and dharma talk. Very significant, very meaningful. Thank you, Jundo.
    Without rehashing it or going into detail: Much metta to all involved.
    Gassho,
    -K2